overall

RATINGS: 2373   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.72   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with hefty amounts of European malts and four kinds of American hops, it delivers a blast of hop aromas, a rich middle of malt and hops, and a thrilling finish. It weighs in at 6.5 % alcohol by volume.

Why squeeze such a big brew into a little can?

Because we think fun in the great outdoors calls for great beer. Our cans go where bottled beers canít, where flavorless canned beers donít belong. And no matter where you drink Daleís Pale Ale, our can protect it from light and oxidation far better than bottles do.

Northern Brewer for bittering, Cascade and Columbus for flavor, and a big, post-boil addition of Centennial for aroma.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
LoveCaissa (873) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - OCT 14, 2007
(Can 35,5 cl) By far the best canned beer I have ever had! Huge hoppy aroma, impressive flavour with malt, fruits (peaches?), and pines ending in a quite bitter but very pleasant finish. Even the palate is very nice considering the 6.5% ABV. Basically this is an American IPA without the extra 3% ABV. Fan-fucking-tastic stuff!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
yngwie (14146) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - OCT 12, 2007
Can. It poured a bit unclear, with a nice, golden-orange color and a medium, lasting, dense off-white head. Quite lively carbonation. The pour released these lovely, piney, resiny and citrusy aromas, and having a more thorough sniff, the maltyness also finds itís way up your nose. The flavor is quite dominated by all the hops, with its citrus and pines, but as in aroma, a nice maltyness is also present. Quite sweet, with some beef-stock as well. The beer has a firm body, and that bitter astringency feeling that the hops give. The finish is long and bitter, and quite heavy on the resiny flavors. And the lacings are nice too.

I have no doubt this is the best canned beer Iíve ever tasted, itís really enjoyable, and itís definately a beer I could down a few of. Nice work Oskar! (071012)

pkbites (695) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 11, 2007
UPDATED: OCT 15, 2007 I think this is that beer they made in "BEERFEST". Itís beautiful! Just Beautiful! Pours a surprisingly cloudy/dark orangy amber. Nose is of evergreen, bubble gum, and cookie dough. The first sip shocks the palate. So many hops for 12 meager ounces. It starts bitter, it stays bitter. After-taste is bitter. I donít think Iíve EVER had a brew with so many hops. Very nice. But expensive. On sale for $7.99 a six pack? Too much! But itís so good. But itís overpriced. But itís so good. But it costs alot. But itís so, so good. But, man, $7.99 for a sixer? But itís so good. I wish it werenít so expensive so I could drink gallons of it every night. Because itís so good. I want to brush my teeth with it. Because itís so good!!!I want to put my dick in it. Because itís so good. I want IT to put itís dick in me! íCause itís so good. But itís pricey. But itís sooooo good. I like it!!!! I love it!!! I want to marry it!!!! You know, because itís sooooooo good!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Blom (836) - Odense, DENMARK - OCT 6, 2007
UPDATED: DEC 22, 2009 A quick glance at Oscar Bluesí homepage and youíve got a harpe in your mouth and a guitar in your hands. Gonzo, music and beer, it sounds like a reasonable combination for midnight souls, so I joined in with a pale in my jar. Of course the can had to be poured into a classic American beer glass, and since my edition from Great Divide danced around in the closet eager to be used and to have the hoppy blues, I decided to pull it out. Pzzzzt and gulp, gulp, gulp, no the beer hadnít already be drunk but merely poured into the glass. With memories of late President Reagan and an age where you didnít mind ripping atmos to pieces, I observed the foam molding itself into an explosive mushroom cloud. After having stared at this beautiful piece of beer craftmanship for a bit, my nose went to work: The aroma of flowers, orange, citrus and grape made me iimmediatly salute the drinking gods in awe. This is the American dream. I thought, and started to quench my thirst. Down it went, and I immediatly hungered for more. First a nice malty sweetness and then a thin bitter fist of lust makes the name ípaleí ale ridicolous. This beer is not pale but powerfully potent!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
asw4w (6) - USA - OCT 4, 2007 does not count
nice piney aroma, golden color, good upfront bitterness with a light malty sweetness in the middle. ending with a clean bitterness. very hoppy for a pale ale. almost an ipa. this one is always in my fridge

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
gottalottaibu (243) - charlotte, North Carolina, USA - OCT 2, 2007
draft. golden amber, nice head. piney hop aroma. smooth well balanced flavor. hops are nice and yummy upfront but get mellowed out with the rich malts. really nice drinkable beer. Just as good out of the can as well.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
beerheart (237) - Erie, Colorado, USA - SEP 30, 2007
Bought this after I first tried Old Chub and learned that Oskar Blues makes this, too. You can smell the hop in this one. Pine aromas with a slight citrus undertone. The malty carbonation and bitter hops sit well on the tongue. The taste is of grapefruits, apricots, and the bitter hops. Finishes bitter and floral.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
dmtroyer (431) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 29, 2007
From the can. Great pine and maybe some menthol on the front, fairly fresh but straightforward (or at least I was deceived as such by the can). I could do with a bit more carbonation to help offset the American hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
kyzr (1153) - Belgrade, Montana, USA - SEP 27, 2007
Amber pour with nice off-brown head. Nice big nose of hops and pine. Flavor is very hoppy with a medium roasted malt body. Finish is clean.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Floback (528) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - SEP 27, 2007
UPDATED: OCT 10, 2007 Courtesy Wild Oats. Hazy gold-amber with a substantial tan-head. Nose is pine resin from hops influence. Flavors are surprisingly mellow with soothing floral hops, tea leaf, slight mint, caramel, and oak. Soft carbontation/full body. Finishes clean and crisp. Flavors and aroma are superbly balanced. Very refreshing. Delicious straight out of the can. Although ten bucks for a six-pack, I will be revisiting this beer quite often.