overall

RATINGS: 2265   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with hefty amounts of European malts and four kinds of American hops, it delivers a blast of hop aromas, a rich middle of malt and hops, and a thrilling finish. It weighs in at 6.5 % alcohol by volume.

Why squeeze such a big brew into a little can?

Because we think fun in the great outdoors calls for great beer. Our cans go where bottled beers can’t, where flavorless canned beers don’t belong. And no matter where you drink Dale’s Pale Ale, our can protect it from light and oxidation far better than bottles do.

Northern Brewer for bittering, Cascade and Columbus for flavor, and a big, post-boil addition of Centennial for aroma.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
keith0718 (356) - Olathe, Kansas, USA - MAR 17, 2007
Beautiful head for a pale ale. Citrusy hops that do not overpower--they blend nicely with malt, but definitely set the pace for this beer. Nice, snappy finish with no disagreeable aftertaste. Hmmmm... perhaps my favorite pale ale to date.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
bp (784) - Queens, New York, USA - MAR 14, 2007
Can I picked up at Whole Foods: You can smell the hops on this, pours a darkish amber with a white head, the taste is not as hoppy as the aroma had me expecting, very nice for a canned beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Tmoney99 (10411) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAR 14, 2007
Can from Broudy’s Liquor. Poured dark amber color with an average frothy off-white head that was mostly lasting with good lacing. Solid smooth resin hoppy aroma. Medium body with soft carbonation. Medium balanced bittersweet flavor with a medium smooth bitter finish of moderate duration. Standout drinkable brew in a can.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Zinister (1423) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAR 13, 2007
Wow...amazing to drink a beer out of can and have it be good. I have no idea about the color cuz I drank it right out of the can. The taste was the great malt and hops with a nice light hops background. Glad I brought it back with me from Rhode Island.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
dmac (3896) - Toms River, New Jersey, USA - MAR 13, 2007
Oskar is really impressing me with this whole good beer in a can idea. Poured a clear amber with a frothy white head that quickly disappeared into nothing but a memory. Tons of hops in the aroma with a hint of malts as well. Flavor is fantastic but I agree with Yankovitch333 that it seems almost like an IPA rather than an APA. My only problem now is when going for a beer in a can do I grab this or an Old Chub, decisions decisions.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - MAR 11, 2007
UPDATED: SEP 19, 2007 New: Not much to add to below except that I keep buying this stuff. It’s really wonderful. Old: (3/11/07) This is a very likeable beer. It has a nice amount of fruity malt and a definite hop presence. There’s no one thing that I would particularly remark upon, but there is this undeniable, overall sense of quality that you experience while drinking it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
asteele8 (322) - Des Moines, Washington, USA - MAR 11, 2007
Looking forward to trying this one. I always passed getting this beer, the can always put me off. I decided to check the ratings and see how horrible it was, I then find out that it is a really decently rated beer. Pours an amber color with a nice white head on top. Aroma is full of hops with grapefruit and citrus taking dominance. Sweet malts come in the aroma too with caramel and vanilla. Flavor is grapefuit and citrus with caramel malts coming in. Finishes with a nice hoppy bitterness. A very refreshing beer. A "to go to" beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 9, 2007
I have no idea what this beer will ever look like. I refuse to pour canned beer into a glass. But all I can say is that I found my ONE and ONLY TRUE LOVE!!!! An awesome beer in a can!!! I love canned beer. Now I can take GOOD beer out on the boat! As for the beer. It has a nice aroma. Lots of flora hops. Pine and citrus jump right out at you on the tongue. Nice bitter finish. It’s more hoppy than I expected. It’s more like an IPA than an APA. A great beer. A great beer in a can. There is a god.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
riversideAK (5574) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - MAR 9, 2007
The aroma on this beer is amazing. Strong citrus and pine. Flavor is more of the same. This is an awesome beer. Amost too hoppy for me to consider it an APA, but I cant complain.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Palidor19 (2919) - Brandon, Florida, USA - MAR 7, 2007
Another Winner from Oskar. Its got great concentration of malt and hops. Pinney, citrus hops in the beginning but not so much as the beer progresses. Palate also starts off strong then thins out. Recommended.