overall

RATINGS: 2323   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with hefty amounts of European malts and four kinds of American hops, it delivers a blast of hop aromas, a rich middle of malt and hops, and a thrilling finish. It weighs in at 6.5 % alcohol by volume.

Why squeeze such a big brew into a little can?

Because we think fun in the great outdoors calls for great beer. Our cans go where bottled beers canít, where flavorless canned beers donít belong. And no matter where you drink Daleís Pale Ale, our can protect it from light and oxidation far better than bottles do.

Northern Brewer for bittering, Cascade and Columbus for flavor, and a big, post-boil addition of Centennial for aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Tmoney99 (10660) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAR 14, 2007
Can from Broudyís Liquor. Poured dark amber color with an average frothy off-white head that was mostly lasting with good lacing. Solid smooth resin hoppy aroma. Medium body with soft carbonation. Medium balanced bittersweet flavor with a medium smooth bitter finish of moderate duration. Standout drinkable brew in a can.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Zinister (1423) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAR 13, 2007
Wow...amazing to drink a beer out of can and have it be good. I have no idea about the color cuz I drank it right out of the can. The taste was the great malt and hops with a nice light hops background. Glad I brought it back with me from Rhode Island.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
dmac (4007) - Toms River, New Jersey, USA - MAR 13, 2007
Oskar is really impressing me with this whole good beer in a can idea. Poured a clear amber with a frothy white head that quickly disappeared into nothing but a memory. Tons of hops in the aroma with a hint of malts as well. Flavor is fantastic but I agree with Yankovitch333 that it seems almost like an IPA rather than an APA. My only problem now is when going for a beer in a can do I grab this or an Old Chub, decisions decisions.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - MAR 11, 2007
UPDATED: SEP 19, 2007 New: Not much to add to below except that I keep buying this stuff. Itís really wonderful. Old: (3/11/07) This is a very likeable beer. It has a nice amount of fruity malt and a definite hop presence. Thereís no one thing that I would particularly remark upon, but there is this undeniable, overall sense of quality that you experience while drinking it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
asteele8 (322) - Des Moines, Washington, USA - MAR 11, 2007
Looking forward to trying this one. I always passed getting this beer, the can always put me off. I decided to check the ratings and see how horrible it was, I then find out that it is a really decently rated beer. Pours an amber color with a nice white head on top. Aroma is full of hops with grapefruit and citrus taking dominance. Sweet malts come in the aroma too with caramel and vanilla. Flavor is grapefuit and citrus with caramel malts coming in. Finishes with a nice hoppy bitterness. A very refreshing beer. A "to go to" beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Yankovitch333 (612) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAR 9, 2007
I have no idea what this beer will ever look like. I refuse to pour canned beer into a glass. But all I can say is that I found my ONE and ONLY TRUE LOVE!!!! An awesome beer in a can!!! I love canned beer. Now I can take GOOD beer out on the boat! As for the beer. It has a nice aroma. Lots of flora hops. Pine and citrus jump right out at you on the tongue. Nice bitter finish. Itís more hoppy than I expected. Itís more like an IPA than an APA. A great beer. A great beer in a can. There is a god.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
riversideAK (5625) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - MAR 9, 2007
The aroma on this beer is amazing. Strong citrus and pine. Flavor is more of the same. This is an awesome beer. Amost too hoppy for me to consider it an APA, but I cant complain.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Palidor19 (2948) - Brandon, Florida, USA - MAR 7, 2007
Another Winner from Oskar. Its got great concentration of malt and hops. Pinney, citrus hops in the beginning but not so much as the beer progresses. Palate also starts off strong then thins out. Recommended.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
porterhouse (1581) - Boothbay, Maine, USA - MAR 7, 2007
(Can from <A HREF=http://www.ratebeer.com/Place/massachusetts/w target=blank>Julioís Liquors) Malty with a piney bite - do these guys make anything thatís bad?...Pours cloudy orange/amber with a large light amber/biege head that ultimately becomes a soft lumpy cap of about 1/2". Aroma of sweet malt - egg cream, vanilla and a little toffee. Mouthfeel smooth and fairly meaty, esp. for a pale ale. Flavor of sweet malt - primarily egg cream and vanilla overlain with a distinct hoppy bite with a flavor of pine and maybe a touch of grapefruit rind. Hoppy pine bitterness in finish. Quite satisfying.

JB175 (1665) - Bucks County, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 4, 2007
UPDATED: JUN 10, 2007 Can - Iíve had this one on several occasions, but never in a place that was rating friendly. Amber color with a med-large head. Sweet aroma of caramel malts with an appetizing floral hop essence. Taste is smooth and sweet. Well balanced, finishes nice. Why canít all APAs be this good and be widely available in cans?