overall

RATINGS: 2495   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with hefty amounts of European malts and four kinds of American hops, it delivers a blast of hop aromas, a rich middle of malt and hops, and a thrilling finish. It weighs in at 6.5 % alcohol by volume.

Why squeeze such a big brew into a little can?

Because we think fun in the great outdoors calls for great beer. Our cans go where bottled beers canít, where flavorless canned beers donít belong. And no matter where you drink Daleís Pale Ale, our can protect it from light and oxidation far better than bottles do.

Northern Brewer for bittering, Cascade and Columbus for flavor, and a big, post-boil addition of Centennial for aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
yayforbeer (753) - Orange Park, Florida, USA - APR 2, 2007
12 oz can. $8.49 for a sixpack at Total Wine. I winced a bit at paying that price for a sixer of canned beer, but this is no ordinary canned beer. The wonderful hop nose is apparent as soon as the can is popped. Clear orange-amber with a nice thick off-white head and lacing when poured in a glass. The flavor is big and tasty, a real kick in the pants APA. I love the Northern Brewer and Cascade combination, (I use that in homebrewed APAs), and the other hops add to the complexity. It has a decent malt background for balance, but the hops are definitely the centerpiece. I had seen this in the shop a couple of times and passed it by for the price, but changed my mind after seeing the high rating here on the site. Good alcohol kick completely lost in the hops. The most fun you will ever have drinking beer from a can. Excellent!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
LiebeBier (808) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - APR 2, 2007
This beer is quite good. Much better than I anticipated. Has a very malty hoppy flavor. I drank directly from the can, so I will need a follow up tasting. If you love hops, youíll love this. Would be the perfect golf course beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Nejhleader (1330) - Lemoyne, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 1, 2007
I thought this was a pretty nice brew. Similiar to a stronger amber ale or an IPA. Has a nice golden yellow colour, bit of a hop aroma. Flavour is a bit hoppy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Speedle (266) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - MAR 31, 2007
drank the 1st one from the can...wow.. I never thought I would go back to canned beer...in a glass - great head and lacing - citrus pine aroma with great dinkability and finish........great canned beer for a pool party......packs nicely in a small cooler

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Cybercat (4029) - Georgia, USA - MAR 31, 2007
This is a beer for hops fans! Color is a lovely dark honey brown with a nice thick head. Aroma is invitingly hoppy - one good whiff and you know this is no wussy brew. Flavor is strongly hoppy, and mouthfeel is zingy and tingly. I like hoppy beers, so I found this one to be very enjoyable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
joshwilfong (1200) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - MAR 28, 2007
amber appearance with a solid head. nose is hoppier than taste. flavor is of bitter hops with a slight malt character. few complexities. pretty good, not great

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
rocbyter (1953) - Waterbury, Connecticut, USA - MAR 26, 2007
Madium citrus hop aroma. Cloudy orange with a large white head. Lots of carbonation. Starts mild ends with a moderate citrus hop bite. A little on the watery side.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Mike4686 (120) - Bayonne, New Jersey, USA - MAR 25, 2007
this is the only beer iíll drink from a can. nice hoppy flavor, not too bitter, easy to drink.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
LilKem (1213) - Marietta, Ohio, USA - MAR 24, 2007
by far one of the better canned beers iíve ever had. some weird creamy mouthfeel to it that would be better without the slight metallic twinge. flavors of orange, LOTS of hops, and some roasted malt and biscuit malt. some carmel and grapefruit.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DrHomolka (761) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAR 23, 2007
12oz can. The opportunity to drink a quality beer out of the can was too much for me so I drank the majority of this from the can, cold. For rating purposes I poured a bit into a glass. Pours a bright copper color with a medium white head. Decent lacing. Smells hoppy but thereís a touch of something unpleasant in there. Canít put my finger on it. Thankfully it doesnít translate to the taste. Tastes hoppy, smooth, incredibly well-balanced, crisp and refreshing. This is about the definition of an everyday pale ale. I could drink this all the time.