overall

RATINGS: 2206   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with hefty amounts of European malts and four kinds of American hops, it delivers a blast of hop aromas, a rich middle of malt and hops, and a thrilling finish. It weighs in at 6.5 % alcohol by volume.

Why squeeze such a big brew into a little can?

Because we think fun in the great outdoors calls for great beer. Our cans go where bottled beers can’t, where flavorless canned beers don’t belong. And no matter where you drink Dale’s Pale Ale, our can protect it from light and oxidation far better than bottles do.

Northern Brewer for bittering, Cascade and Columbus for flavor, and a big, post-boil addition of Centennial for aroma.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
mcscottmc (6) - USA - SEP 19, 2005 does not count
"Don’t let the can fool you!!" were the words on the sign next to this beer. There is something about the institutional box that makes a 12-pack of these seem like you are going home with office supplies stolen from your work. Anyway, this is the best beer that I have ever had in a can.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - SEP 12, 2005
From the can. Styretowne. Not that bad. Brisk, crisp, and a nice mingling of hops. Would have it again. Nice to see a pale ale in a blue-collar can like this. Makes me feel like I don’t need to dress up to drink it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
roder60 (1280) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 9, 2005
Pours a slightly hazy blonde orange color with a small amount of very very thin fizzy white head. Aroms is floral, sweet, and slightly hoppy. Flavor is very smooth, sugared grapefruit, with a perfect bitter finish. Overall an extremely good beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jmcguire1969 (161) - Lafayette, Colorado, USA - SEP 8, 2005
UPDATED: JUN 1, 2007 On tap at OB...this is much better on tap than out of the can. The can has a heavier taste and does not seem as aromatic. Of course the freshness you get when you go straight to the source is unbeatable ( I recommend that you all go for Tuesdays open Bluegrass pick night) so disregard that comment. Good beer. I wish they made more Gordon so I could fill up my growler.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Rballs01 (278) - Madison, New Jersey, USA - SEP 6, 2005
This canned Colorado cocktail gives canned beer respect. I thought this was just some brewery’s idea of getting noticed by filling some weak beer into a can. Man was i wrong. I was amazed by the quality and flavor of this beer. Micro-brew in a can!... Copper color, stong hop aroma, nice bitterness. Now you can enjoys a quality craft beer at any pool party and still smash the can on your head when your done!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JahNoth (1039) - Rochester, New York, USA - SEP 2, 2005
This is a nice brew. Pop the can and take a swag - I couldn’t resist. Golden amber in color with lots of fluffiness to the head and oozing lace. Fresh hop aroma mingles with caramel and toasted malts. Powerfully fresh flavor, is it the can? Lemons and grapefruit hops are fairly standard C varieties, but nicely balanced by a melony maltness and very fresh flavor. Bitter finish. A great pale ale. Thanks André.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 19/20
BeerDude78 (91) - Brick NJ, New Jersey, USA - AUG 30, 2005
The best canned beer out there. It almost looks like cheap crappy beer on surface. Never judge a book by it’s cover. Pours a nice golden coppery color and leaves plenty of foam. Really hoppy flavor, better than Sierra Nevada in my opinion.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Brad (364) - Berkley, Michigan, USA - AUG 29, 2005
12 oz. can: What is this, a can in the 90th percentile, can it be true? Wasn’t sure what to think at first, but upon opening this beer I knew I was in for a treat. Pours a nice golden color with a nmedium sized frothy white head. Aromas of big hops hit your nose instantly, so fruity so piney. Flavor is mostly the same, lots of hops. Very nice drying mouthfeel, finishes with the fruity sweetness of the hops. Best can beer there is.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Dickinsonbeer (5076) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - AUG 25, 2005
I bought a sixer hearing good things about it but I still had doubts about a good beer being canned. I was pleasantly surprised with this beer however. Pours a clear orange/light amber with a nice head with great lacing. Aroma is very powerful- much moreso than snpa. Lots of citrus, orange, pine and some grapefruit in the aroma with lots of pale and crystal malt ot back up the flavor. Mouthfeel was ok but I think this had a somewhat slick finish due to filtration that I dont normally like.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
NVBeer232 (467) - Reno, Nevada, USA - AUG 24, 2005
(thanks to zathrus13 for this can o’ beer!!) Hands down the best beer I’ve ever had from a can. No "FISSSST" sound when I opened it, so I was worried that it would be flat. Nice foamy pour, though. Juicy hoppy aroma with lots of citrus. Ditto on the flavors. I really would love to have this stuff around Ohio. It would be incredibly valuble to us outdoors concert goers who would love to be able to bring craft beer with us, but get stoned at the gate because they don’t allow glass.