overall

RATINGS: 2615   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with hefty amounts of European malts and four kinds of American hops, it delivers a blast of hop aromas, a rich middle of malt and hops, and a thrilling finish. It weighs in at 6.5 % alcohol by volume.

Why squeeze such a big brew into a little can?

Because we think fun in the great outdoors calls for great beer. Our cans go where bottled beers can’t, where flavorless canned beers don’t belong. And no matter where you drink Dale’s Pale Ale, our can protect it from light and oxidation far better than bottles do.

Northern Brewer for bittering, Cascade and Columbus for flavor, and a big, post-boil addition of Centennial for aroma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
clong83 (285) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 15, 2008
UPDATED: MAY 4, 2009 Wow! I can’t believe this comes in a can. And that’s part of what makes it even better. Well-hopped, seemed like dominant cascade hops. Great flavor, sticky, bitter, but not too heavy, perfect for playing croquet in the hot sun.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Sperine (283) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 8, 2013
Can. I know the "can revolution" is the big thing right now, but I have yet to love a beer out of a can. I assume that's just coincidental, but this is no exception.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
tcruicks (282) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - JUL 5, 2006
A nice looking beer- clear orange color with a medium sized white head. Hoppy aroma that smells kind of citrusy and kind of like the ocean almost, I’m not a huge fan of the aroma but at the same time there isnt anything particularly wrong with it. On the other hand, I think the flavor is highly enjoyable, it starts out hoppy and bitter and becomes very malty, with a little of both in the aftertaste. Some floral notes, some caramel, and even honey. Smooth consistency. Highly drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Rballs01 (282) - Madison, New Jersey, USA - SEP 6, 2005
This canned Colorado cocktail gives canned beer respect. I thought this was just some brewery’s idea of getting noticed by filling some weak beer into a can. Man was i wrong. I was amazed by the quality and flavor of this beer. Micro-brew in a can!... Copper color, stong hop aroma, nice bitterness. Now you can enjoys a quality craft beer at any pool party and still smash the can on your head when your done!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
geeklimit (281) - USA - AUG 24, 2014
Pours a clear dark amber with average carbonation and a lacy head. Aroma is strong in malt but not especially heavy. Balanced taste with a touch of sour in the middle and back. Slightly sticky mouthfeel with a slightly bitter aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
devilben02 (281) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - SEP 3, 2010
The deep orange color is darker than I would have expected. The aroma is subtle but complex, with a combination of caramel sweetness, earthy hop bitterness, and alcohol. The flavor is much more one-dimensional, with strong notes of pine and grapefruit, making the flavor bigger and bitterer than many pale ales. The bitterness builds, which can make it tough to drink more than a few at a time. Overall, very flavorful and a great option among canned beers, but not one of the first pale ales I would reach for.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Nijstrom (280) - Turku, FINLAND - OCT 12, 2015
Can. Lots of citrus and pine. Also some tropical fruits and caramel. Slightly sweet and moderately bitter. Dry and bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
waltersrj (280) - Washington, USA - SEP 27, 2010
12 oz can. Pour was a pale orange yellow color with a mild, soapy white head. The nose was pine, citrus (grapefruit and lemon zest), and a mild caramel malt. The taste was bitter, earthy, citrus (grapefruit), mild caramel malt and a funky, murky aftertaste. The mouthfeel was crisp and refreshing. I have always liked OB beer but this one was hit and miss for me.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Bosco (279) - Boca Raton, Florida, USA - JAN 21, 2006
Handed out as freebie on Jam Cruise 4. Unlike the Oskar Scottish style, I do, in fact, like pale ales....but this one fell way short of my expectations. I researched it here first before the cruise and was looking forward to it. Goes to show us beer lovers are just as differant as we are alike.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jkaiser (279) - Orlando, Florida, USA - OCT 2, 2008
Smooth and refreshing? Yes. This is blowaway! My 16th beer at beerfest. Wish I tried it earlier in the year.