overall

RATINGS: 2626   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71/5   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with hefty amounts of European malts and four kinds of American hops, it delivers a blast of hop aromas, a rich middle of malt and hops, and a thrilling finish. It weighs in at 6.5 % alcohol by volume.

Why squeeze such a big brew into a little can?

Because we think fun in the great outdoors calls for great beer. Our cans go where bottled beers canít, where flavorless canned beers donít belong. And no matter where you drink Daleís Pale Ale, our can protect it from light and oxidation far better than bottles do.

Northern Brewer for bittering, Cascade and Columbus for flavor, and a big, post-boil addition of Centennial for aroma.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Bartzilla (609) - La Mesa, California, USA - OCT 22, 2013
A definite go-to since itís always the best-buy option when I hit my favorite market, which is loaded with tons of good beers. There are some nights, especially when I have to work the next morning, when I donít want to get into sampling the latest double hop bomb blasts that line the shelves here in San Diego. So I go for Daleís. 6 pack of cans, modestly priced. For what itís worth, itís a delicious pale ale, toeing the line to a crisp, understated ipa. Smells good, tastes good, lets me keep my head on straight and I can recycle the cans if I get bum broke. And now they have tall boys. Excellent!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jsmerig (1464) - Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 28, 2013
Pouted a clear golden yellow with a thick foamy tan head. Aroma of light grain and faint citrusy hops. Taste is nicely malted to start with a grapefruit bite in the finish that is well balanced with the malt. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
roxtersoxter (358) - McKinney, Texas, USA - OCT 31, 2013
Pours clear amber with thick tan head out of can. Aroma of grass, pine, and hops. Taste of hops and citrus. Smooth beer. Very good. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
russell1388 (6) - lafayette, Indiana, USA - DEC 19, 2013 does not count
It was a good example of a pale ale. It had a pleasant hop aroma and taste the biggest problem with this beer as I drank their was a bad taste in the back of my mouth. But Iíd still recommend this beer to pale ale drinkers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
blindpigbrewer (2) - seward, Alaska, USA - JAN 14, 2014 does not count
big pale ale..lots going on , love the tall boy can ...get me a six pack...i like it. want to try some others from Oskar.. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
tdozer (2) - McConnelsville, Ohio, USA - JAN 16, 2014 does not count
I thought the aroma was a little weak, not bad, but not as strong as I had hoped. The appearance was good. Nice golden color and was clear. The taste was decent to good for me. Maybe a touch bitter for my palate. Not sure the hops were balanced with the malt enough..a little harsh. With that being said I still liked it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Ericular (949) - Minnesota, USA - FEB 18, 2014
Canned about a month ago. Pours a clear pale orange with lasting film and not much lacing. Aroma is sweet, floral, caramel, a little tropical fruit. Taste is not quite as good... starting off with a moderate malt/hop resin balance, then into a bitterness that feels just slightly cheap. That fades after a few seconds and the aftertaste brings it back from a 6 to a 7. Palate is fine and carbonation appropriate. Not terrible, but a letdown after a couple of finer Oskar showings this week.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
simont1 (542) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - FEB 21, 2014
UPDATED: JAN 7, 2015 First of all, old can, brewed in July (7.5 months old). Pours orange, kind of reddish, good head. Smell of tropical fruit mix, hard to pick out one dominant fruit, but I guess that would be grapefruit. Taste of a very nice short bitterness and then fruity and some biscuity maltiness. Medium mouthfeel, feels more like an IPA than a Pale Ale. Very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
homebrewgeek (35) - Frederick, USA - FEB 21, 2014
Floral, citrus nice aroma good color nice head not a bad American Pale Ale not a big fan of pale ales but overall not bad

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
pnesbit (96) - Marietta, South Carolina, USA - FEB 22, 2014
Can pour with a big fluffy off white head on a nice hazy bright orange body. Aroma of toasted malt with hints of caramelized pineapple. Taste of smooth toasted malt with with fruity pineapple sweetness. Nice smooth mouth feel with just a slight bitter finish that does not linger long. Overall greatly balanced pale ale my bar offers a lot of depth and complexity to enjoy. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone