overall

RATINGS: 2283   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Brewed with hefty amounts of European malts and four kinds of American hops, it delivers a blast of hop aromas, a rich middle of malt and hops, and a thrilling finish. It weighs in at 6.5 % alcohol by volume.

Why squeeze such a big brew into a little can?

Because we think fun in the great outdoors calls for great beer. Our cans go where bottled beers canít, where flavorless canned beers donít belong. And no matter where you drink Daleís Pale Ale, our can protect it from light and oxidation far better than bottles do.

Northern Brewer for bittering, Cascade and Columbus for flavor, and a big, post-boil addition of Centennial for aroma.

RickReallyBrew (5) - Franktown, Colorado, USA - AUG 10, 2013 does not count
I donít rate beers I donít love. So donít hold the high rating against me on this brew. I gravitate toward IPAs when taste testing due to their generous malt and hop components. This brew delivers the same olfactory satisfaction but comes in just short in magnitude of an IPA style Rating. In fact, I had always thought it was an IPA. To me it is kind of like a "light" heavyweight and I have actually come to prefer it. I may rate an IPA extremely high in taste testing brews, but nowadays prefer "drinking" something just a bit more moderate in magnitude. Many of my favorite IPAs are simply overpowering after the first pint and I often feel the need to drink ice water between swallows. For discerning Full Bodied Hoppy Craft Ale lovers, Daleís Pale Ale delivers. I hate to use the word drinkability, since that word has been associated with some rather shabby brews. If I feel rambunctious, I might order a Titan or Stone IPA or perhaps an Arrogant Bastard, when I can get my hands on one. But then if Daleís is available, I find my way back to it time and time again. It simply delivers excellent flavor and I feel less like I may need to be carried out at the end of the night. I am always impressed by this beer and feel comfortable having more than one and remember my name.

Arnkncd (2) - - SEP 29, 2013 does not count
Golden and hazy in appearance. Refreshingly bitter and crisp. Distinct palette cleansing aftertaste.

BrixandBrews (24) - West Richland, Washington, USA - NOV 24, 2013
This beer makes me happy. When nothing else is sounding good, Daleís is my "go to" beer. Just superb craftsmanship, from top to bottom, this beer is firing on all cylinders. Whole palate saturation of flavors, with a finish that embarrasses most other pales.

Benfi (519) - DENMARK - DEC 21, 2013
Poured amber with n Decent off white head. Mild to good carbonation. Aroma of citrus hops a and hint of grapefruit. Tasted like it smelled. Roasted hops and bitter citrus grapefruit. Really nice aftertaste with quick sweetness prior to it being gone.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
jbuskirk (413) - Holdrege, Nebraska, USA - JAN 5, 2014
Itís hard to identify a Colorado beer thatís more iconic than Daleís Pale Ale. The beer inside that red, white, and blue can has been the recipient of a lot of praise over the years. And that praise is well deserved. This pale ale has a taste and smell that points to tropical fruits - bitter, sweet, and somewhere in between. These notoriously strong hops are mercifully tamed by the big malt character. In short, this brew is marked by its brilliant balance, smooth, refreshing mouthfeel, and huge, complex flavor. Itís a classic brew by veteran brewers and itís one of Coloradoís best to this day.

mothergoose311 (12) - Minnesota, USA - JUL 4, 2014
Copper color with white head. Nice hoppiness. Very nice citrus aroma. Very smooth and drinkable ale.

VRH (44) - Georgia, USA - MAY 2, 2013
The aroma is grassy, with mineral, and slight lemon zest. Tastes of mild light wood join the mineral and grass flavours with some mild peppery spice followed by pleasant malt and juicy lemon flavours. This has an almost medium body, smooth, it finishes somewhat dry and nicely bitter followed by lingering caramel and grass. This is what I want in an American Pale Ale; a little extra hop balances this beer beautifully. Outstanding!

LKay (109) - Maryland, USA - JUN 21, 2013
So freaking good. I have no complaints. A beer in a can...what more could you ask for??

tschof (57) - - JUN 23, 2013
UPDATED: JUN 24, 2013 Big beer! Awesome ice cold in a pint glass on a hot summer day! Flavor is outstanding and carbonation is just perfect if you want to slug one back and let out a roar! In my personal top 10 for sure!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Frozer (111) - Illinois, USA - AUG 8, 2013
A very good apa. Not much in the way of aromas. crystal clear yellow hue. Spicy hop flavor. Clean refreshing finish.