overall

RATINGS: 1201   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.12/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Our first lager produced with the 20 bbl brewhouse. This pilsner is a clear golden color. Four additions of Saaz hops lend a spicy-floral hop component.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Getbetter (1032) - East Palo Alto, California, USA - MAR 16, 2010
From a 12oz can,clear, frothy, pale, lively, light body, light body, This pretty damn good plisner even those it’s not my preferred beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Rastacouere (6174) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - MAR 14, 2010
12oz can from Julio’s. A large ivory foam settles above the highly effervescent clear pale yellow. Not particularly aromatic, this lager mostly offers spicy/floral saazy notes as well as straighforward breadiness. In mouth, it feels a bit thicker than I expected, unveiling rich breadiness and soft hay character. Not so much lager character with this relative roundness accentuated by the not particularly active bubbles despite the looks. Nonetheless, the developing spicy bitterness is growingly pleasant sip after sip and limits the initial sweetish impressions. Simple, but efficient. While it’s not Pikeland, I’d buy again from time to time if it were readily available to me. It makes me think... I wish Victory canned Prima Pils.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
MmmcKay (1052) - Brentwood, Tennessee, USA - MAR 14, 2010
Some parts of this beer made me very happy. The hop presence that wasn’t overwhelming made me proud to be drinking an American Pils. Then I realized I realized that I was drinking an American Pils. The aftertaste was poor. The aroma was slightly dank. People from across the table thought it was a wheat beer. Not a good sign. I enjoyed drinking it at first, but I soon realized that they were right. This beer just wasn’t that good....

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Sammy (10882) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 13, 2010
Pours deep yellow with a decent white foamy head. neutral aroma. Moutfeel is middling. Taste is OK, but uninteresting. I did not finish it, but I could have if nothing else was available.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bonbright7 (181) - Jacksonville, Florida, USA - MAR 8, 2010
i likened the aroma to Coors from the old days, before the recipe changed and pasteurization ruined the light hefe taste, though there was an element of pepper that I found unusual. The beer looked okay in pale yellow with a great spongy head which invited the first taste. I liked the soft taste of the Yella Pils which lacked the sharpness I find in most American Pils. Overall, the Yella Pils is one of easiest American interpretations of the Pils style to drink.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
tennessejed420 (940) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAR 2, 2010
12 oz. can. Clear yellow gold color with carbonation bubbles noticeable. Off white head lingers as thin film, pretty good lacing. Not much on aroma, some sweet corn malt, actually some metal detectable on this one. Taste is pretty standard pilsner, but definitely done well. Nice and balanced, crisp hop bite, with underlying malt backbone, this would be a great one to keep in the can and take outdoors.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
popery (1947) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAR 2, 2010
Too sweet, lacks hop aroma and flavor and fails to justify its relatively high price tag. On the other hand, there is no sour mash off-flavor. The simple, sugary malt flavor isn’t counterbalanced properly and just makes me think of the taste of pale malt extract.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Slipstream (2423) - USA - FEB 28, 2010
Light gold pour, and a 1 finger head. Aroma is a mix of engaging floral hops and macro corn nastiness. It is pretty sweet (for a pilsener) to start with, and then some hops move in for an unanticipated peppy finish. Not a great pils and not the best from this brewery.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
beernovice39 (3270) - Idaho, USA - FEB 23, 2010
Not a fan of cans but after the Pale Ale I was stoked. Alas this was a letdown. Yello pour with white head in my glass. Sweet grass scent. Just not much in flavor. I will try it again in the summer and it would be a good session beer (prima pils is better).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
sigma23 (380) - , Maine, USA - FEB 10, 2010
pours clear golden with medium white head that fades fast. aroma is grassy, pine, citrus, malt. drinks crisp with a bite of hop oils with pine, citrus, lemon grass, light caramel. this one is crazy drinkable and finishes slightly dry and very crisp. begs to be gulped.