overall

RATINGS: 1147   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.12   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Our first lager produced with the 20 bbl brewhouse. This pilsner is a clear golden color. Four additions of Saaz hops lend a spicy-floral hop component.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
SrSilliGose (3322) - pouring bus, New Brunswick, CANADA - AUG 9, 2009
pours a dark urine yellow with a small white head. threw a fresh hop in it. it was good. easy drinkn.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Fulmonte21 (42) - USA - AUG 9, 2009
Pours a very yellow color. Only available in a can, but it is the best pilsner in a can that you will find! Delecate flavor you’d expect from a pilz, but more flavorful than any other.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
otakuden (1783) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - AUG 9, 2009
Canned beer has suffered a decades-long stigma that equates canned beer with canned crap. Thanks for nothing pushers of flavorless macro swill, thanks for nothing. Alternatively and tastefully, there has been a rebirth of quality beer in a quality can in the last ten years or so.

Newest to the Oskar Blues canned portfolio is the Mamas Little Yella Pils, a traditionally styled German pilsner that pours, rightfully so, clear crisp golden yellows and hay from her can into my lager glass. Soft white clouds float carefree above her shimmering golden depths as she fades in playful rocky pockmarks. Larger bubbles burst and spackle my glass with blotchy lace. Her nose sparkles with freshly plucked grains, lemon, and honey, while a plate of soft crunchy water crackers call for my attention. A gentle breeze wafts by, carrying with her gentle esters of green grass damp with dew while farmers continue to harvest the golden fields sprawled out before me. I’m no country girl, but supping the Mamas Little Yella Pils, I can understand the appeal of a simpler life out in the country, culling fields, and living off the bounty of your own harvest as Nature watches over. Wholly in the zone, I draw deep of her liquid gold. Sweet, creamy, smooth, and just light enough to dance across my tastebuds in joyous abandon. Life is beautiful. Let us celebrate it, not destroy it, and the Mamas Little Yella Pils is a perfectly canned joyous celebration of the simple pleasures of Life which give meaning to all who are truly willing to listen. Lemon takes center stage with a buffet of aromas and flavors: lemon cream, lemon bars coated in crunchy crystallized sugars, lemon spritzer, and lemon bread. She fades lazily into a creamy finish which oozes freshly baked grains. The baker is in the house, and my palate is watering for his loaves of freshly baked harvest, warm, soft, and lightly crunchy with a perfectly toasted exterior. The further into her golden depths I indulge, the creamier, smoother, and more perfectly melded palate she forms. I couldn’t ask for a more exquisitely quaffable pilsner than this, proving once more that Oskar Blues stands at the top of Cannery Mountain. Forget the 6pack, take a whole case home with you, and don’t forget your Mamas Little Yella Pils on the next fishing trip.

I haven’t had a bad Oskar Blues beer, and I have faith that I never shall. The only which eludes me is the Ten Fiddy, a purportedly viscously black imperial stout of spine-tingling ecstasy. In the meantime, I look forward to stuffing my cooler and my fridge full of Mamas Little Yella Pils.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
brewski519 (644) - Morrisville, North Carolina, USA - AUG 9, 2009
Can - pours a hazy gold with a finger thick white head. Aroma of floral, spice, malt and breads. Taste of malt, honey, some citrus and pepper. Nice canned beer that is perfect for a hot day at the pool. Not a huge pils fan but this one does the trick.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
cprochak (590) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 8, 2009
On tap at the Tasty Weasel in Longmont on 7/16/09. Pretty yellow gold, nice head. Good orange and grapefruit aroma. Smooth light bodied pilsner with great carbonation. Beautiful color and lacing.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Maverick34 (2619) - New York, USA - AUG 7, 2009
Canned. Golden coloration. Pretty decent, nice grassy hoppy aroma. Good taste. Well done oskar.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
AR (1000) - Georgia, USA - AUG 7, 2009
The pilseners are not usually my favorite style, but I had enough faith in Oskar Blues to give this one a try. I’m glad I did, since this beer is much more solid in the mouth, maltier, and better tasting than most pilseners. Very crisp and clean.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Bockyhorsey (2610) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - AUG 7, 2009
Can. Aroma of lemon and coriander. Some metalllic from the aluminum can. Yellow body with white head. Decent lemon zest flavor with some clove. A little stale at times but decent beer on the palate.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
davidajensen (206) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - AUG 5, 2009
Does anyone else shiver when they hear the term "American Pilsner"? This is the best American Pilsner that I am aware of, but it still doesn’t hold a candle to the European variety. I wish the finish was a little crisper.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
lithy (2996) - Capital of Appalachia, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 1, 2009
Sampled at the 8th Annual Music City Brewer’s Festival. Clear yellow with a white foam. Aroma is sweet cereal, a light bit of corniness, grassy. Taste is a nice clean pils, sweet malts, grassy.