overall

RATINGS: 11   MEAN: 1.2/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.76   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Bavarian Bock is copper colored, highly flavored by rich caramel malt and fully hopped with Mount Hood, Tettnang and Crystal hops, the very finest aromatic hops. This brew is meant to be enjoyed with hearty meals or after meals.

slang's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
slang (654) - Columbia, South Carolina, USA - FEB 28, 2004
Foamy white head over medium golden straw ale. Smells skunky w/ slight hops. None of this seems like a bock. Taste is boring and less than average. Bad example of a bock.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
SuperDave (1932) - Beautiful Sunny Mesa, Arizona, USA - AUG 9, 2008
Given to me by a "friend" from his "Beers of the World" pack. Aroma of chocolate and caramel malt, with some nuttiness. Promising, but there is also something else there, something I can’t describe. It smells awful, and becomes stronger as it sits. Flavor is dominated by the same thing, and I can’t finish it. Possibly seriously skunked and/or old.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - JAN 3, 2006
WARNING, Not one of the 12 GREATEST BREW! I have to sample all 12, as my wife got this for me and with her not liking ratebeer as it is, I want her to think she did good. The thought counts. This was a bit better

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
JPDIPSO (4956) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 26, 2004
A novel idea. "12 greatest beers of the world". But, no, let's make a batch of amber, a batch of pale, a batch of brown and bottle it and put different labels on it. OK, not quite true, but The differences between these beers, even though said to be different styles was scary. Amber with a off white fizzy head. Acidic and bland.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - SEP 23, 2003
Man the desc.is way off.Light amber color,little head to speak of and what was there was faint.The aroma was mild malt maybe some caramel and chocolate.The taste was just way off very little of everything just all around poor it tasted off,meaning some what skunked with an after taste i would like to forget.I can now see why people think there the worst brewers around.I'm starting to believe them.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
SoylentBlack (123) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - JUL 8, 2003
Ha ha. What were these guys thinking? This is the same amber beer with different labels. I've had worse beer though...

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
JoeM500 (1905) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - APR 6, 2003
If you like wet cardboard- this is your beer. If you like slightly carbonated water, brown food coloring and tobacco spit- this is your beer. If someone says, "I know you are really into beer, so I bought you this very special sampler from Sam's Club" reply to them with a quick, "I just joined AA because of my 4 DUIs last month". It's that serious. Lie. Turn around and run. Feel really guilty for even rating this crap here. Embarassment!

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
cAPSLOCK (155) - Dallas, Texas, USA - APR 3, 2003
Man.. I WANTED to like these beers. A great idea to do a multi pack with this theme. The packaging was nice and informative.. and I like for beer to come in pint bottles. ;) But the smell and taste is sour. All the beers in the pack taste alike and have some odd nuclear red/orange color. It smells and tastes foul. I will say that some are less foul than others in this pack... but the Bavarian bock isn't one of them. I read here someone saying they would rather drink Budweiser and I scoffed... I no longer scoff.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
21iceman40 (1731) - vienna, West Virginia, USA - JAN 25, 2003
Otto Fucking-A-Man, what is this product you display before me. Otto spelled backward is Otto. Brutality of this proportion should not be legal.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - DEC 17, 2002
As with the rest of the beers from this sampler pack - this was terrible. More orange yuck. Tastes like an acidic bud light.