overall
Brewed by Gueuzerie Tilquin
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
Rebecq-Rognon, Belgium

RATINGS: 525   WEIGHTED AVG: 4/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%
The Quetsche Tilquin ŗ líancienne (6.4% alc / vol) is a spontaneous fermentation beer obtained from the fermentation of destoned fresh purple plums (variety Prune de Namur or Quetsche vťritable díAlsace, close to the Damson) in a blend of 1 and 2 years old lambics for a period of 4 months. Unfiltered and unpasteurized, it is re-fermented in the bottle for a minimum period of 3 months. The lambics used were fermented and matured in our own oak barrels at the blendery. They are made from worts brewed by Boon, Lindemans, Girardin and Cantillon. The taste is slightly tart but also fruity and round which makes this Quetsche ŗ líancienne may be more accessible for non-experts or less sophisticated palates. It also has a slight dryness from the skin of the plums. The nose perceives a plum brandy perfume.

First batch (2012) with a BB date of 23/02/2022 is made with íPrune de Namurí and limited to 500 bottles.

Second batch (2013) limited to 5000 * 75cl and 10000 * 37,5cl.

Mathieu87's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Mathieu87 (3) - Brussels, - SEP 1, 2012
UPDATED: APR 27, 2013 Had this one two times allready. First time was a small sample from Erwinís glass at the brewery. Second time we opened a bottle at ít Schooltje with Carlo and Urbain Nose is rather mediocre, slightly citrus, some exotic fruits. Taste is nice sourness, prunes are not very prominent. In fact itís more a really good geuze, with a little bit more fruitiness to it. Good job. Looking forward to upcoming batches of this. Update: I really donít get why the first and second batch are under the same rating. Those are two totally different beers. First one was a real complex geuze with a nice hint of the plums. Now itís just liquid plum pie... I donít get it...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Hopverdju (671) - BELGIUM - AUG 31, 2016
Helder rood koperkleur met wit schuim. Geur: wat paintstripper, vineus, brett, lichte BBQ geur, grill chips, noterigheid. Smaak: zuur, hout, iets tropisch. Afdronk: licht zuur.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
ShivanDragon (3426) - Leeuwarden, NETHERLANDS - AUG 29, 2016
37,5 cl fles, helder gouden met minimale (tot geen) lacing, aroma van fruit, hout, zuur, gist. smaken zijn matig zoet, medium zuur, hout, zacht, glad, dorstlessend, zachte afdronk, lang zurig en zoet, enkele pruim aspecten maar licht, en verder lekkere aangezoete geuze.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
vipinvelp (3841) - Velp, NETHERLANDS - AUG 26, 2016
Opaque yellow, offf-white foam head. Light fruity aroma, similar in taste. Nice fresh, light sour, fruity. Great with this warm weather. (Eindhoven 201608)

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
bulldogops (2250) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - AUG 16, 2016
Rating #1899 - 2015.09.22 - Bottle is (2013). Pours a purply red a bubbly white cap. Aroma is plum, ripened pear, currant. Palate is more of this soft fruit sweetness, nice tartness - a well achieved fruit sour that begs attention to detail. Girlfriend approved.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
beastiefan2k (3548) - HdG (past: NYC, KS, Rain City), Maryland, USA - AUG 11, 2016
This beer has had a very long journey to finally be consumed by me. Mcberko gifted this 375mL c&c bottle to me a little while ago as a thank you for letting him crash at my house. I told him it wasnít a big deal and I didnít need beer in return but he was very giving.Thank you, Matt. I had previously drank this beer but wouldnít splurge on another bottle to rate. Even Andrew from Seattle wanted me to rate this beer. Another overly kind RBian. Thatís how it got into my hands but the journey was much longer.

Taking a step back, this beer was a blend of 4 different breweries from Belgium that were all sent to Tilquin. After some months it was placed on a ship and made a voyage to, my guess, the east coast of Canada. Afterward, it made it or all the way to Vancouver, BC where Matt purchased it. To pay his way onto the underground RB railroad, he smuggled - under the cover of night I assume and facing potential treason charges - this bottle across the border and brought it to the Emerald City. You would think the journey ends there but that is just the beginning.

I had all intentions of drinking it in Seattle but just couldnít get to it. Even at the last tasting, the day before I moved out, this was sitting in the fridge. Yet, it could not be consumed. So, this beer started on a cross country moving trip. Funny enough i was joined by the DIPA rating machine himself, mcberko. He joined me on the trip until we reached SLC, Utah. Now when you travel with a real life ticker, or dink rater as they are known in Canadia, there is little time for anything but new beer. In Denver I saw notalush but we meet up at a brewery. I gave him Logsdon and a brett beer from Red Rock. Through the Midwest I had too many new beers I wanted to drink, particularly in Kansas and Missouri where I had to catch up on my old rating-grounds. Even saw csbosox but he isnít active and was drinking wine as I was sample Free State beers in the Olathe Whole Foods. Apparently, there is a new WF in the KC area, which I didnít know and accidentally went to the wrong place. Gave him a Blvd Saison brett crowler, apparently I gift brett beer only. Made it to Cincinnati and even saw Pruf and his family for about 90 min. But wanted to share beer he hasnít had yet. He on the other hand shared 1 good beer and 3 shitty ones. Next stop is Morgantown, WV. As any RBIian will tell you, when you get a chance to tick WV beer you donít take it for granted. And now Iím a finally at my new home in Maryland drinking this beer.

It seems i live in a bit of a craft beer desert. The liquor stores close at 9 pm and donít have too much craft anyway and definitely donít have singles. Iíve amassed a decent amount of beers throughout the trip but most are earmarked for something. So, here I am, sitting naked in my new big tub, eating fruit salad that was given to us by our new neighbors, and finally drinking this beer. What a journey it has been and how many wonderful people I got to see on it. (And I didnít even get to mention all the wonderful people that arenít RBians like Rach of mcberko fame, Joe in Denver, Christina and Jean in KC, in-laws in StL, Lora in Cincy, minus Bill, and my wonderful and patient wife Abbey who gave birth to a beautiful 2-month old darling named Lorenna).

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
SeniorZozo (1265) - Budapest, HUNGARY - AUG 9, 2016
Tap @ Barboteur Beer Days #1 Brussels. Pours hazy apricot golden with a white head. Aroma of funk, barnyard, fruity, juicy, apricot, light plums. Taste is the same, super sour, juicy, lots of funk. Lovely!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Plovmand (7853) - Helsinge, DENMARK - AUG 8, 2016
Bottle. It pours hazy golden with a white head. Sweet plums mixed with a acidic tartness in the aroma. Tart fruity flavor. Grapefruit peel and plums. Long acidic sour finish. High drinkabilily. Very nice.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Baramba (919) - ITALY - AUG 2, 2016
Bottle 75 cl 2014 batch. Clear orange with tiny white head. Barnyard, horse blanket, ripe fruit aroma. Citrus, plum, smooth sourness flavour. Impressive

Iphonephan (6205) - McLean/Jackson Hole, Virginia, USA - JUL 27, 2016
From a 12.7 oz. bottle purchased at the Beer Trappe in 2013. Pours a cloudy apple cider with a scant off white head. Funky barnyard nose. Flavors of prunces and tart cherries. Sour, earthy finish. Nice.

NordicV (1946) - MalmŲ, Sweden, SWEDEN - JUL 8, 2016
Disig orange Ųl med vitt skum. Doften šr citrussyrlig med inslag av stall. I smaken tillkommer plommon och lštta trštoner.