overall

RATINGS: 2467   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.82/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Nature’s choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America’s Best in 1893.

0.6
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
beatlefreak909 (2) - USA - MAR 1, 2004 does not count
This is the worst beer ever... it made me very sick on my 21st birthday...avoid at all costs

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Suttree (5767) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 28, 2004
I make no aploogies for rating PBR! Wait, no, I do: I bought for a friend, and because it was in the house, I might as well rate it, right? Right? God, I feel so dirty. Alcohol and corn aroma. Flavor is what I imagine corn soda would taste like. Spritzy and refresing, like a drink of club soda. Exactly like a drink of club soda.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
dwyerpg (5087) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - FEB 21, 2004
This is one of those beers that falls into the 'drink to get drunk' category. As long as you think of it that way, it is quite good - better than bud in my opinion.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
HopsOrDie (687) - New Lenox, Illinois, USA - FEB 19, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 3, 2004 I like PBR. I had my first one last week in a bottle, and have since picked up a six pack in cans, which wasn't as good. But the bottled version has a decent malt profile and enough bitterness to balance well. It reminds me of a watered down Pilsner Urquell. I can't see why this beer gets such a bad rap.

1.3
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
aleindulger (12) - Venice, California, USA - FEB 17, 2004
it inspires nostalgia; the only reason i give it an eight overall. Sharp but unfulfilling.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
IPFreely (1470) - Sanborn, New York, USA - FEB 17, 2004
Slightly better than most of its buddies, also cheaper. Aftertaste is pretty nasty though.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
punklawyer (100) - USA - FEB 14, 2004
This beer tastes like a men's locker room smells. The after-taste has some real staying power so be ready for it to fully engulf you in its digustingness.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
sphinx (11) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - FEB 12, 2004
Light yellow. Resembles urine in more ways than one. No head. No flavor. I seriously do not like this beer, and haven't had it in a while. However, I have decided to rate it so that people know how unacceptable it is on my list. I was shocked to discover they sell PBR in 40oz bottles in Montana. If you have any taste at all, fork over the extra $5 and select something in a 12 oz brown bottle.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
anticop (79) - Porterville, California, USA - FEB 11, 2004
another cheepie, nothing special, aroma and taste were just like the other american standard beers I would rather have a natty ice

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
opiate (199) - Sandy, Utah, USA - FEB 10, 2004
Eh....very light....almost no aroma...very watery...I dunno...just a typical American light lager. Probably pretty damn good for what it's supposed to be according to style. Not my favorite style of beer...but would be pretty damn good if it was 115 degrees outside right now...but as it stands...it's 15 below zero right now...and a heartier beer would be better. :-)