overall

RATINGS: 2502   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.83/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Nature’s choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America’s Best in 1893.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
fatguys (76) - Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, USA - APR 17, 2004
Golden yellow. Thin white head. No lacing. Smells like the cheap beer you remember your uncle drinking as a child. Palate is watery. Initial hint of hops, followed by bland malt and a tinny finish. Honestly, for cheap, macro-piss, this beats Bud or Miller. Cheap everywhere, and kind of a cool can, this is the lowest anyone should go. Does not taste bad, just doesn't taste like much.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Crockett (1081) - Southampton, Ontario, CANADA - APR 16, 2004
I've been waiting for ages to try this. When I Pabst in the LCBO misc. pile, my eyes lit up. I wanted to know what all the fuss was about. 355ml can. Clear pale gold, tiny sudsy head. Sweet corny aroma. Sweet corny cruddy malt flavours. Sour with a trace of hop bitterness. Slightly preferable to not having any beer. Gag reflexes and cringing kicking in for the tinny finish. I've only got a couple tooth fillings. I know exactly where they are right now. Bleh!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 19/20
Audio (18) - san diego, California, USA - APR 15, 2004
It's simple, cheap, and you can get it anywhere. Heck for the price of a 6 pack of most beers, you can get a 30 pack of PBR.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - APR 13, 2004
I had been reading with interest the many newspaper and magazine articles relating the chic-ness that this lager enjoys within the cool and cultured set, and sought out to try one of these myself and find out if I can hang with the hipsters and quaff their brew. So I elbow-jabbed that mumbling, shaggy Bohemian-type, made off with his cold tall one, and absconded to a faraway booth in this desolate rock club, pen light in hand, to shine on my notebook as I search to divine the secrets of this mystical, magical beer. Okay, I'm lying. In truth, well, I'm a fraud. This is my beer. If I ever praised a beer before for it's flavor, taste, or character, well, that was bull. I don't think they should have anything to do with any beverage, especially beer. Yeah, if you ever catch me without a whole case of PBR in the fridge, I must be having a bad day. I lie again. I sample this in the spirit of honoring that adage of not knocking it if you ain't tried it. Actually, I must have tried it at some point, but how could I remember? So, here we go... Appearance: sickly pale yellow color, very clear, just the way beer is supposed to be, dammit! Head is bone-white, fluffy, and quite prodigious, slowly, softly setling. Aroma: very spare, bone-dry, but not terrible. Typical plain lager-y smell, without skunk or trace of adjuncts. A bit of sweetness, too, just a bit. Taste: wetness. Nothing. The nadir, nada. Zilch. If it exists at all, it comes and goes without saying hello. Actually, again, not BAD, per se, but not really anything, either. Body, light as can be, texture, none, finish? F'geddaboudit! Really, there's nothing to recommend and no pleasure to be found, if you a seeker of taste in any form. I'll quote beer scribe Stephen Beaumont's #1 reason to drink PBR, from his webite: "You just don't care anymore." Time spent with this beer is time wasted indeed. This does the opposite of what a beer should do, in that it makes me more thirsty! For a real beer!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
FROTHINGSLOSH (6630) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 11, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 19, 2006 Ah Pabst. Now that takes me back. To days at the racetrack in the glaring hot sun, wifebeater in play, sitting behind women with big hair and too much perfume, watching Jeff Gordon try to catch.....um wait, Ok, I never did that. The closest I have come to Nascar is turning the channel as quickly as possible when I encounter it on tv. It’s just that Pabst brings out my inner redneck. In reality I am at the In-laws farmhouse sitting down for a game of poker. I failed to bring my own beer with me, so when the father in law brings out the Pabst I am not in a position to refuse. Even if one can get past the idea that "Pabst Beer" when spoken quickly sounds like a female medical procedure this is one wretched excuse for a beer. Sampled from a 12 oz can ( does this stuff even come in a bottle? ) this stuff pours a very pale yellow with a large white head. Light straw aroma. Light straw flavor. Not at all good. The only saving grace is at least when it is slammed down cold there is little enough character and flavor to be completely revolting. But all things considered it was worth the price I paid - Hell since I did well at the poker game I guess I was even paid to get rid of the stuff :’)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
worldleadr (56) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - APR 11, 2004
Good malty flavor. It's a little heavy at times, but always refreshing. And always $10.59 for 24 cans.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Jayson2425 (167) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - APR 10, 2004
UPDATED: APR 12, 2004 I like the beer, but my roomate drinks this all of the time. He swears by it against any other beer

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
DocLock (9876) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 9, 2004
I don't like this beer. Nothing to offer in flavor. I'd rather drink water than this.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
drfreedom (7) - portland, Oregon, USA - APR 9, 2004 does not count
this isnt good beer. this is barely drinkable shit that comes at a great price and has a cache that transcends "taste" this is a ethical beer choice. when you show up in a crew of peeps that might not seem that friendly, and you pull out a 12 pack of pabst tall boys, you will make friends with stranger. you whip out some super tasty microbrewed mega stout...you may have made the right taste critically, remember that when you have a bloody nose and people are laughing at you. not a tasters choice, but will prevent you from getting your ass kicked at several portland punk rawk house parties.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - APR 8, 2004
UPDATED: APR 10, 2004 Pabst. A nice strong feeling beer. Kind of hard to define wafty taste that comes of it, but a memorable one. The tap handle at the bar even looked classy too. A burnt orange/golden color, good fidelity of beverage. Tastes a bit like cereal, but a mean serious cereal. Not abrasive to the tounge at all. Probably best when very cold. Edit: Whew, I had to knock this rating down a few points after the horrible hangover it gave me the next morning. Aiya.