overall

RATINGS: 2358   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.81   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Nature’s choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America’s Best in 1893.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Eyedrinkale (3213) - Astoria, New York, USA - JAN 25, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 1, 2008 I don’t get all the fuss about this beer. Tastes like a can, period. A bit more skunk like taste would work for me.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Superstar (45) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 25, 2003
It was a slow Friday afternoon at the office, so three of us decided to cut out early and head to happy hour. The sign said $1.50 pints and one of my co-workers offered to treat. With several beers on tap that I have never had, I was excited to continue my pursuit of trying new beers. Everything was right with the world. As I placed my order, the waiter threw a wrench in my plan… the special was only on Pabst Blue Ribbon. The other two went for the special, so in a moment of weakness I caved. The waiter brought this unnatural yellow (unnatural for a beverage, but unfortunately all too natural looking) with no head or aroma worth noting. There was something very skunky about this beer and the over carbonation added insult to injury. After choking this down, I regained my strength and convinced the other two to brave the below freezing temps. and strong winds to find a better happy hour deal. I still think the "$1.50 pints" sign was a dirty trick.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
redlem (1301) - Ohio, USA - JAN 24, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 30, 2011 I love the cans, and despite the bad rep one of the better macros out there. Not off tastes.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
666seth (222) - California, USA - JAN 23, 2003
WHY?????

1.4
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JAN 21, 2003
This was the beer of choice at this place called the star community bar in little 5 in Atlanta. By the end of the night the floor was cover in pbr cans. Truly a sight to see. Other than that there is really not to much to say about this useless tasteless beer.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
badgerben (4491) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - JAN 19, 2003
I would argue that this beer proves the existence of pure evil. Oh man, how horrific.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
xmandax (130) - Astoria, New York, USA - JAN 19, 2003
i give this beer one point only for its appearance in david lynch's blue velvet. other than that, there are no redeeming qualities to this beer.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
jeffwhalen (45) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 18, 2003
I drink this when's it's the beer of the month at Dee's SouthSide Cafe, East Carson Street, Piitsburgh, PA...and only then, or if my roomate just walked in with an open 30 pack, whew whoo!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Verne (263) - Enumclaw, Washington, USA - JAN 18, 2003
Why it’s cheaper than Bud or Coors I will never know. Little flavor and boring if that’s your thing buys this beer, its cheep

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
kalisto9 (73) - Crafton, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 18, 2003
A decent, funky beer that owes more to its history than to any real flavor. Better than Bud and Coors, though. Crack one open, pretend it's 1976 and this shit is killer and crank up the Foghat.