overall

RATINGS: 2361   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.81   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Nature’s choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America’s Best in 1893.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - JAN 30, 2003
Far better than I expected. It complemented my halloween costume (a construction worker) quite nicely.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
yopparai (22) - Fergus Falls, Minnesota, USA - JAN 29, 2003
another economic feasable beer. i still know people who go around looking for places that have this beer on tap, they live in california though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
PorterPounder (5656) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JAN 26, 2003
So its cheap ($3.69 a six) - that does not necessarily mean that it is a bad beer. Beats all the macros in my opinion. No pretenses - just a good old-fashioned American beer that does not get the attention it deserves due to a small advertising budget. Decent "beer" aroma - not skunky at all. Kind of a sweet hoppy aftertaste - goes down smooth.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Eyedrinkale (3213) - Astoria, New York, USA - JAN 25, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 1, 2008 I don’t get all the fuss about this beer. Tastes like a can, period. A bit more skunk like taste would work for me.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Superstar (45) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 25, 2003
It was a slow Friday afternoon at the office, so three of us decided to cut out early and head to happy hour. The sign said $1.50 pints and one of my co-workers offered to treat. With several beers on tap that I have never had, I was excited to continue my pursuit of trying new beers. Everything was right with the world. As I placed my order, the waiter threw a wrench in my plan… the special was only on Pabst Blue Ribbon. The other two went for the special, so in a moment of weakness I caved. The waiter brought this unnatural yellow (unnatural for a beverage, but unfortunately all too natural looking) with no head or aroma worth noting. There was something very skunky about this beer and the over carbonation added insult to injury. After choking this down, I regained my strength and convinced the other two to brave the below freezing temps. and strong winds to find a better happy hour deal. I still think the "$1.50 pints" sign was a dirty trick.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
redlem (1301) - Ohio, USA - JAN 24, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 30, 2011 I love the cans, and despite the bad rep one of the better macros out there. Not off tastes.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
666seth (222) - California, USA - JAN 23, 2003
WHY?????

1.4
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JAN 21, 2003
This was the beer of choice at this place called the star community bar in little 5 in Atlanta. By the end of the night the floor was cover in pbr cans. Truly a sight to see. Other than that there is really not to much to say about this useless tasteless beer.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
badgerben (4492) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - JAN 19, 2003
I would argue that this beer proves the existence of pure evil. Oh man, how horrific.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
xmandax (130) - Astoria, New York, USA - JAN 19, 2003
i give this beer one point only for its appearance in david lynch's blue velvet. other than that, there are no redeeming qualities to this beer.