overall

RATINGS: 2345   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.81   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Nature’s choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America’s Best in 1893.

1.3
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
bythe40 (64) - USA - JAN 4, 2003
This beer is the worst smelling beer i have ever laid my nose upon. The taste is ok for a cheap white trash beer but keep it in the bottle or can where you cant smell it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MJL360 (2) - OCALA, Florida, USA - DEC 31, 2002 does not count
A ghost of what it once was.....but who’s complaining??

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
joemacaluso (119) - Prairieville, Louisiana, USA - DEC 30, 2002
Best standard american beer. Sometimes when I want to save money it is not so bad. The color is more golden than most American beers, the taste is more full bodied. Head retention also was pretty good. Not as bad as the reputation.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
Diablokev (147) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - DEC 28, 2002
As far as aroma, I kept thinkging charcol (which, I would think is not an ideal description). This is, however an above average mass produced American beer... The apperance is typical, as is the flavor. I did notice that several swallows seamed to leave a lump in my throat. But lets face it, I like to think that I can rate beer’s on a level playing field, and for what it is (a mass produced American Beer) it’s not all that bad.. And the price is right... At the store that I purchased tis beer a 12er of Pabst was at least two dollars cheaper that Bud, Coors, and Miller, and to be honest I would rate it better than at least one of these beers.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
homerman (40) - Clinton, Iowa, USA - DEC 28, 2002
PBR is not anything I will ever drink again. It was however the first I ever drank.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
rkn65 (106) - st. clair shores, Michigan, USA - DEC 27, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 22, 2006 If you gave me a choice of a Michalob Ultra or a Pabst it’s Pabst by a mile. You get what you pay for. A blue collar retro beer. Nothing fancy just a drinkable beer at a good price.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Jfishback13 (275) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - DEC 26, 2002
Well I heard this beer used to be quite good.......... yup, that’s about all I have to say about htat.

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
hayden1215 (321) - Ohio, USA - DEC 24, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 25, 2003 Water, heavily carbonated beer. Not as bad/offensive as some other mass produced american beers. Dennis Hopper loved it in Blue Velvet so I'll give a bonus point to it's overall rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
psychodrama311 (122) - petaluma, Nevada, USA - DEC 17, 2002
PBR baby. damn too many mornings waking up and wondering where the hell i am. that describes this beer. too cheap for it’s own good. easy to run through a 12pk on your own. not much taste in it..too much water taste..but hey..your in high school again..lol

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Sham (1845) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 17, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 7, 2003 This is by far my favorite american standard beer. It has a great taste, good aroma, and is cheap to boot. This is the beer for almost any occasion. Throw it in a bucket of ice and have a good time! Hey, it also won a blue ribbon!.... like a 100 years ago.