overall

RATINGS: 2446   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.82   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Nature’s choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America’s Best in 1893.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
haddon90 (1562) - Costa Mesa, California, USA - AUG 21, 2003
I've heard this used to be a world class beer. Not to happy with this. Very bad taste. But at least I can say I've had PBR.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
GreatStelle (363) - Chico, California, USA - AUG 17, 2003
For a pilsner this stuff gets a bad rap. Dont't get me wrong it's not a world class beer. It is however better than bud or coors. Its very light in color and drinks the same way.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - AUG 16, 2003
We eat at Ray's in Kent enough that they know our habits. Kyle the waiter knows that Chloe is going to order a hot dog, with ketchup and cheese, and that she will probably not eat much of it. Kyle knows that my usual is a pint of Arrogant Bastard. So, I ordered a bottle of PBR (with a glass, please). Kyle gave me this look like "Have you LOST YOUR MIND?!" As for the beer itself: Poured a yellow straw color, short fizzy head, no lacing. There's a good bit of corn in the overly carbonated beverage. Cold, it edges toward flavorlessness, but as it warmed some hops appeared in the finish (or was that dirt?). Better than some macro's, but that's not saying much. Kyle will be relieved next week when I return to ordering my "usual".

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
chronictonic (473) - Oreland, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 13, 2003
Ok - score is based on it's "style" - mass produced macro american light lager. Compare it to crap like Bud, Miller, Michelob etc., PBR is better than that swill (though it's still swill itself, IMHO). There are some places here in Philly (including noted good beer bar Sugar Moms) that offer a shot and a PBR for $3.00. It's a deal if you're on a budget!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
McWhite (108) - Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 12, 2003
Hmm. I guess the easiest way to say how terrible this beer is would be to quote the price of 50 cent draughts at the local bar.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
BBB63 (6474) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - AUG 12, 2003
Okay, so I guess they changed the formula for this beer...right. Still PBR piss water, popular among the young male crowd for an easy drunk but it holds no outstanding characteristics to write about. Hell, it has no character at all. Too many PBR's and you'll turn into a SMF. Hangover city. 100% American corn water.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Duffbeer (192) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 12, 2003
Obviously Pabst is a macrobrew. But Pabst in my opinion is a lot better than most of the macrobrews like Bud and Coors. It still has that macro after taste. But it's not nearly like most of the macros. I'm not going to drink this on a consistant basis, but I can handle once in a while on a hot day.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 3/20
biermensch (64) - USA - AUG 10, 2003
OK, this isn't the Pabst of the days when Milwaukee was the Beer Capital of the U.S., and Pabst was perhaps the most distinctive of the major brewer's offerings. Today's Pabst is hardly Blue Ribbon caliber, but it's a fair budget beer. I don't understand the recent upsurge in popularity. Pabst is a decent budget brew, not what it once was, but OK for the intended market. Would I drink a PBR on a hot summer day (if that was all that was offered)? Sure. Would I have more than one? I don't think so.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 9, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 26, 2003 Fizzy, yellow, corn-smelling, corn-tasting, bland, and watery. The first one cost me $1. A second was offered for free but I declined.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
deforge (1) - USA - AUG 9, 2003 does not count
Horrible beer. Not even worth the .25 per can they charge you for it. Equal to Steel Reserve 2-11.