RATINGS: 2453   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.82/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Nature’s choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America’s Best in 1893.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
biomechanic (55) - Washington, USA - SEP 6, 2003
Got drunk with this and thought I was gonna die next day, what a friggin headache! Anyway, it's cheap and taste acidic.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
brimstonejack (4) - los angeles, California, USA - SEP 6, 2003 does not count
my mother always told me if i can't say anything nice... aw fuck it, who am i kidding? this crap is made for one thing only: getting drunk for under 5 bucks. it doesn't have enough flavor or odor to be offensive, which makes it perfect for shotgunning or beer-bonging. sad when THAT'S the beer's only strong point. oh, and a 32 oz bottle of the stuff costs less than a 20 oz soda. take the hint, get the soda. you won't have to piss nearly as much.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
jimmydoug (32) - Operation Joint Forge, USA - SEP 6, 2003
For cheap beer it is OK. My friends and I will slam a few PBRs when we have been riding bicycles and are parched and NEED a beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
stemba (16) - South Carolina, USA - SEP 5, 2003
Color and head are average, by mass-produced standards. The flavor is smooth, but not overly powerful (a Monty Python beer) and the aroma (when you can get it) is lightly wheat. A perfectly drinkable beer, and the price is right for the quality. You get what you pay for, and not a penny less.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
evilpsych (34) - USA - SEP 2, 2003
LOL. this is some true trailer-trash sh*t beer. Definitely the kind of beer to expect to drink while fishing with your grandfather.. or with your dad when you're 16. Good for pawning off on college freshman sorority chicks that arent into bud light or wine coolers..

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Beloved Beer (278) - California, USA - AUG 26, 2003
Had corny overtones and didn't seem very smooth. Nothing like ordering the PBR bottles at a bar though.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
kumite56 (473) - Cordova, Tennessee, USA - AUG 24, 2003
Light yellow beer. Fizzy with a white rapidly diminishing head. Aroma is almost non existant. Taste exhibits some malty sweatness, Not much else here. Drink only if you are desperate and it is free.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
haddon90 (1575) - Costa Mesa, California, USA - AUG 21, 2003
I've heard this used to be a world class beer. Not to happy with this. Very bad taste. But at least I can say I've had PBR.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
GreatStelle (363) - Chico, California, USA - AUG 17, 2003
For a pilsner this stuff gets a bad rap. Dont't get me wrong it's not a world class beer. It is however better than bud or coors. Its very light in color and drinks the same way.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - AUG 16, 2003
We eat at Ray's in Kent enough that they know our habits. Kyle the waiter knows that Chloe is going to order a hot dog, with ketchup and cheese, and that she will probably not eat much of it. Kyle knows that my usual is a pint of Arrogant Bastard. So, I ordered a bottle of PBR (with a glass, please). Kyle gave me this look like "Have you LOST YOUR MIND?!" As for the beer itself: Poured a yellow straw color, short fizzy head, no lacing. There's a good bit of corn in the overly carbonated beverage. Cold, it edges toward flavorlessness, but as it warmed some hops appeared in the finish (or was that dirt?). Better than some macro's, but that's not saying much. Kyle will be relieved next week when I return to ordering my "usual".