RATINGS: 2453   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.82/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Nature’s choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America’s Best in 1893.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BierGunner (18) - Noblesville, Indiana, USA - MAY 31, 2003
Hadn't drank this since I was a kid in blue jeans with a pack of Camels rolled up in my t-shirt sleeve (before they put filters on them). Much better than I remember. A good flavor with a hoppy taste that tells you that you are drinking real beer again. This will be my every day beer and you can't beat the price of $9.99 for the 30 pack. I highly recommend you try it again.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
edenicholas (2) - USA - MAY 29, 2003 does not count
Taste is almost non-existant, which can be considered a plus or a minus. Head? I've never poured one of these, doesnt seem like the right thing to do. When served ice cold at a poker night it is a nice refreshing drink that everyone can enjoy in quantity, or through a funnel. If you are looking for a beer to enjoy slowly over a tv show, this is not it. It does get higher marks than i would normally give for being so cheap however, and for tasting slightly better than the mid-range standbys (Coors, Miller, Bud).

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Ernest (6905) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - MAY 21, 2003
Head is initially small, fizzy, white, fully diminishing. Body is clear light yellow. Aroma is lightly malty (cereal). Flavor is moderately sweet. Finish is lightly sweet, lightly bitter. Light body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation. Adjuncty sweet, nearly odorless. No thank you.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Trappist (286) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAY 20, 2003
Well after I drank about 8 Guinness at a party, the host gave me one of these. It was just like watery piss, but after that many stouts it is hard to distinguish. But it was crap, I tried it and I will not do so again.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
EricTheRed (82) - Plainfield, Illinois, USA - MAY 12, 2003
typical american standard pisswater....not as bad as I expected though. Could make a lawnmowing beer if the price were right.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Wrath (362) - Valparaiso, Indiana, USA - MAY 8, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 14, 2003 One of the better CHEAP american standards.Good very cold but very bad warm. Yellow with hardly any aroma.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Holdwine (1135) - Beertimore, Maryland, USA - MAY 8, 2003
Now we're talking mass produced American standard! Kind of depressing if this is what America Brewing is known for. Anyway, PBR is drinkable, slightly better than Bud. Make sure it was on ice before drinking.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
jagdpanzer (18) - USA - MAY 6, 2003
This is one of the worse beers i have had, i bought a six pack once and never tried it again, the aftertaste is bad, smells like a mass produced cheap swill.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Jayb0 (1108) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - MAY 5, 2003
One of my preferred americal lagers. Maybe it's the can design, maybe something else. Less cloyingly sweet than others with a better finish. Serve ice cold. Decent choice for a can you're gonna consume quickly.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Cobra (1100) - - MAY 4, 2003
Actually, I've revisited this beer recently, mostly as a lark. I used to get it when I was a poor, working teenager for $4.99 a case back in the mid 80's. It wasn't so bad back then, actually it isn't so bad nowadays, if you like cheap, mass produced swill, that is. Has a cloudy, orangish-yellow color to it when poured. Smells about like you'd expect too. Corn, rice, and cheap 6-row grain are the dominating factors in it's aroma. Actually has some hops aroma to it, or maybe that was just my imagination, running away with me. It was just my imagination. Makes for an okay summertime beer, I guess. I tasted some malts in it, actually tasted kind of good, for a macro-swill. It tastes better than Bud, that's for sure. Definite metallic finish to it, however. Probably from being in the can so long. No freshness date on it either.