overall

RATINGS: 2331   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.81   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Nature’s choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America’s Best in 1893.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Darkover (1512) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUN 8, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 15, 2003 Much better than coors or bud

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Aggie80 (785) - Michigan, USA - JUN 8, 2002
You almost have to have drank a six pack of something else before this is the choice! Cheap in more ways than one.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
adamcbowman (57) - Bowling Green, Ohio, USA - JUN 6, 2002
PBR me ASAP. The American legend. Can’t go wrong with this one, classic can, classic beer. I’ve heard you’ll either love it or hate it. Yours truly would take it over pretty much it all. Wins the blue ribbon every time.

Choke (96) - Massachusetts, USA - MAY 23, 2002
This blows heineken out of the water

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
coachmark34 (39) - central Illinois, USA - MAY 22, 2002
Erg..... My dad started drinking this stuff for a little while after Falstaff disappeared. He didn’t stay with it long. I remember him saying, ’I can’t force myself to get used to it.’... and he went on to Old Milwaukee. Well, twenty some years later I see what he meant. Nasty aftertaste, barely acceptable flavor, feels like an acid on the tongue. I’ve had worse, which is the best thing I can say about this beer. I give it a 10 only for nostalgia sake.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
BOWEN118999 (8) - Zebulon, Georgia, USA - MAY 19, 2002 does not count
First I have to say I’m not a snob. I grew up drinking this beer as a teenager buying it for 69 cents a qt.But after 20 plus years of trying beers I have to say this beer tastes like hamster vomit.The after taste would knock a dog off a gut truck.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
vwsteggie (684) - Paxton, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 18, 2002
UPDATED: OCT 24, 2003 Update - Had this at last on tap!!! It is even better, smoother and $2 a pint. This has to be the best cheap beer, much better than Bud and Miller. 5/18/2002 - Overall a great regular beer that is cheap. Has a light yellow color and typical smell. Taste is a bit smoother than the Schlitz and finishes with mild bitterness.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 19/20
Bolt (117) - Boulder Creek, California, USA - MAY 16, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 24, 2006 Overall Impression disserves a 20 for sentimental value. I wonder if they still serve this at the Roseville Auction. Don’t drink warm! Absolutly a Great American Classic!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAY 14, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 8, 2003 24 oz. 2x4 can, pours a bright clear golden-yellow color, has a decent foamy white head that doesn't last long, light grainy aromas. Starts with a light dry grainy flavor, finishes clean with a little sweetness, not much aftertaste. I have to admit PBR maybe the best american macro I have ever had, a well spent .99 cents.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20