overall

RATINGS: 2343   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.81   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Nature’s choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America’s Best in 1893.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - MAY 14, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 8, 2003 24 oz. 2x4 can, pours a bright clear golden-yellow color, has a decent foamy white head that doesn't last long, light grainy aromas. Starts with a light dry grainy flavor, finishes clean with a little sweetness, not much aftertaste. I have to admit PBR maybe the best american macro I have ever had, a well spent .99 cents.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
achtungpv (210) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAY 14, 2002
Grandpa’s Natty Light.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
VTIrishman99 (64) - Virginia, USA - MAY 9, 2002
This is a bad beer, make no mistake. I used to think it was good, when I first started drinking... but then I actually got some experience and realized that this beer is cheap as hell for a reason, because no one with any tastebuds left (or money to get anything else at all) would buy it.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
TheDean (786) - MIlwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 2, 2002
Taste like beer - what real beer is supposed to taste like. Nothing flashy. I remember parties at my grandma’s house when I was a kid and everyone would have the returnables of Pabst - a beautiful thing!

Skynyrd99 (1) - USA - MAY 1, 2002 does not count
Perfect in every way. Ya’ get what ya’ pay fer and this one is a sweetie!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Volgon (2763) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - APR 30, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 22, 2004 It isn't good, but I feel it is the best swill for the money. Why buy Budcoorsmiller when you can have twice as much of this? Maybe it's because I remember getting 24 16oz bottles for $8.99 and knowing (as everyone I hung out with) that it was way better than Budcoorsmiller.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Aubrey (3432) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - APR 30, 2002
Curiously, there seems to be a cult following behind PBR. Even Dennis Hopper in “Blue Velvet” was an outspoken fan. I overhear so many people talking so highly of this blue collar beauty, I had to buy some to give it an honest rating (not just from memory, years back). A 6-pack was only $2.99, so it wasn’t a big financial burden, but it was a little embarrassing buying it. Surprisingly, I didn’t find it too repulsive. Painfully watery and a little boring maybe, but not repulsive. Pale gold with a “metallic-like” nose and a weak head. Very light malt with a very light mouthfeel. Dry and clean. No harsh off-flavors to complain about... but no pleasant ’on-flavors’ either. A little hop bitterness is actually noticeable in the middle, but it quickly runs away like a frightened schoolgirl, behind a wall of dry carbonation in the finish. Not a great beer, but not entirely undrinkable either. But what’s up with the name? Just because it won a blue ribbon in 1893, why brag about it for more than a century!? I won a blue ribbon on a swim team when I was 14; I don’t brag about it today. It’s scary to wonder what the competition must’ve been like. BTW, anyone know if it’s won any ribbons lately?

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
argo0 (11533) - Washington DC, USA - APR 29, 2002
Palatable, especially on tap. Of course, I have to say that to justify what I drank all those many years ago.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
zenbrew99 (20) - USA - APR 27, 2002
The only redeeming qualities that this beer has are its price and it brings back memories

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Dickinsonbeer (5077) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - APR 26, 2002
Not as bad as the other macros. My roommate drinks this constantly. For shame! I cant stand this personally. Bad aroma, even worse taste; and the palate is just plain horrible. Better than bud and miller thats all I can say. I wasnt even going to rate crappy beer but my roommate wanted me to rate it. I would never drink it and neither should you.