RATINGS: 2453   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.82/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Since 2001, contract-brewed for Pabst Brewing (San Antonio), as Pabst no longer owns a brewery of its own.

Established in Milwaukee in 1844, this is the original Pabst Blue Ribbon beer. Nature’s choicest products provide its prized flavor. Only the finest of hops and grains are used. Selected as America’s Best in 1893.

malkyore's rating

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
malkyore (311) - - MAR 13, 2013
Average average average. This is and average beer. Average aroma average flavor. Smells like hay and steel. Tastes like average malts with a stingingly bad hop bitterness. It tastes like watery beer as opposed to beer flavored water and I guess with something like this it’s about all you can ask for.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
DraftDodger (630) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - NOV 15, 2015
Copenhagen 14/11 2015. 35,5 cl bottle from SuperBrugsen. Big blue ribbon on the label. Looks like they think that they deserve some kind of medal for this beer. Pours clear pale yellow with white head. Settles as 0,5 cm thick layer of foam with some lacing. Aroma is malty sweet and apart from that pretty neutral. Low carbonation and watery palate. Taste is sweet malt and corn. Rather bland actually. Not as horrible as I thought when I saw the average rating. But they do not get any medals for this.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
BeerRenter76 (426) - Texas, USA - NOV 4, 2015
Originally rated on 2/6/08- PBR brings back some great memories of cutting class and going swimming with my friends. Overall its not that bad a beer, people assume since its inexpensive its not good but it beats the hell outta bud, miller and coors.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
DrNosha (714) - Baden Württemberg, Germany, GERMANY - OCT 18, 2015
Aus flasche und Dose. Helles Gelb, kaum Schaum. Aroma? Vielleicht erwas Getreide. geschmack ist wässerig und glach. Etwas süß. Kaum herber Abgang.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Tranquillity (1584) - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS - OCT 8, 2015
Sweet, no aroma, watery, clear body and big white head. Draft at real sports bar in Toronto with blue Jays. Top points for atmosphere!

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
tbonde (262) - DENMARK - SEP 25, 2015
UPDATED: OCT 22, 2015 35,5cl bottle@home in lager glass@approx 5 degrees C. Re-rating this beer as I thought I was drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon but was in effect drinking a re-branded Old Milwaukee! Humbug and my rating shows it! Pours clear light yellow with finger of white head with sufficient retention. Very faint aroma of malt and corn. This is also reflected in the almost nonexistent taste. Very faint malt and hops and no off tastes makes this close to drinking water with alcohol. Refreshing on a hot day I can imagine, but what is the point of drinking virtually tasteless beer like this? Will re-rate if I ever get a real Pabst Blue Ribbon.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 11/20
TorbenJensen (1396) - Valby, DENMARK - SEP 20, 2015
It has a nice and moderate foam, a faint aroma of floral hops and the taste is also somewhat anonymous. The watery fullness with some slight caramel malt and a sweetness which is probably a little higher than the European standard lagers. Hop bitterness is a bit spicy and really very pleasant, but still lacks some malt richness and character fixed hopping before it comes into line with the European tradition of lagers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
SHIG (4060) - Wasilla, Alaska, USA - SEP 18, 2015
#4000! Can: poured golden with white head. Aroma is water and grain. Bland grain and sweet.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
andrewje41 (1763) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - SEP 8, 2015
Every time I try a beer like this, it follows much better beers and I’m forced to play the comparison game. I’ll try to avoid that part of it. Draft pour pint at Razzals. I keep ordering beers like this that I haven’t ticked yet, hoping to find a macro that I truly enjoy. This task has proved itself difficult. This beer could be considered refreshing, but that depends on just how thirsty I am. This beer cost me about half the price of the majority of all other drafts, so it’s hard to complain. But I will anyway. I drink beer because I enjoy the flavor. This doesnt really have any. Closer to a water than a beer. I can understand why people love this beer. Because they don’t love beer. Since there is no flavor to be bad, I can’t really hate too much, but this isn’t worth drinking more than the amount needed to properly rate this. I feel accomplished today.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
tderoeck (6904) - Gent, BELGIUM - AUG 26, 2015
17/VIII/15 - 12Fl. Oz. can @ home (2015-1089) Thanks to omgrich for the going away party favor!

Clear pale blond beer, small creamy white head, unstable, non adhesive. Aroma: sweet, sugary, corn, bit malty. MF: ok carbon, medium to light body. Taste: sweet start, bit sugary, fruity touch, some banana. Aftertaste: corn, sweet, sugary, bit off, meh. Not as bad as I had feared...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
ElManana (1307) - Scheldewindeke, BELGIUM - AUG 17, 2015
Can at tderoeck’s place. Clean, corn, banana, pretty tasteless, meh bad, even for pale lager.