overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 1252   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.07   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Pacifico, a pilsener type beer, dates back to the beginning of 1900’s. Since 1985, Pacífico has been exported mainly to the West Coast of USA, where it has gained strong recognition.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
IPFreely (1470) - Sanborn, New York, USA - NOV 3, 2003
Better than most of the other pale lagers from Mexico. Some malt, some corn. Pretty watery, pretty expensive. Avoid

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
DaDocXL17 (6) - Fremont, California, USA - OCT 27, 2003 does not count
A darker beer, I was not impressed at all by this beer and I would rather not drink it ever again.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Aubrey (3451) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - OCT 22, 2003
Clear, yellow and fizzy with a quickly fading head. Corn syrup sweetness with some DMS thrown in. Sugar laden rice flavors. Mouthfeel was sharp up front, smooth and sugary in the rear. Only a hint of hop aromas, which left me either yearning for more hops or more sensory receptors in my nose. Cheap corn notes surround. Sticky, cloying finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
thefatguy (34) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - OCT 10, 2003
Good. Not the best from Mexico, thats Corona for me. Good taste,Reccommended serving is fish, and I sould see hoe they compliment each other. Not a bad aftertaste like Sol (soapy). Good Mecican. Looks great, but head is gone fast. More pale in color thatn a golden Corona.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
DKlovesbeer (172) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - OCT 8, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 21, 2003 Though there is nothing particularly offensive about this beer I prefer drinking it from a bottle over a glass. I tried tasting it from a glass and at first the pale golden color looked refreshing and tasty but within seconds the ethereal white head evaporated leaving behind an unpleasant bubbly yellow liquid that smelled and tasted like dry corn. I poured out the glass and opened another bottle. This beer’s watery mouthfeel could be either refreshing or frustrating depending on a host of environmental variables; for instance, my brother-in-law brought some Pacifico over for a pizza and movie night and I longed for a more substantial beer but for a recent beach barbecue Pacifico was the perfect companion. My conclusion is that so long as it comes straight from the bottle and environmental conditions are favorable I would drink Pacifico over other beers of its type. While I don't think it would go well with steak and cigars I do currently entertain a fantasy involving a case of Pacifico and a bottle of Cuervo... maybe next Sinco de Mayo. Until then I will consider this to be my version of light beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
bb (6861) - Alamo, California, USA - OCT 6, 2003
Bottle. Clean tasting lager that's better than Carona or Budmillercoors. There's not much flavor...

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
caesar (5320) - Bunnik/Utrecht, NETHERLANDS - OCT 5, 2003
Mexican pilsener. Very weak aroma, some rice. Decent hopbitter pils, with some rice taste. Quite refreshing palate.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
jerohen (2029) - Bussum, NETHERLANDS - OCT 4, 2003
Yellow coloured, not much head, nor aroma, nor flavour, nor palate. Hence, not much to say.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
carboloader (674) - Houston, Texas, USA - SEP 19, 2003
Pours pale yellow with some fizz. No head to speak of. Smells like macro malt with some citrus. Not much flavor, but the carbonation and lemon twist can fool you. Tasted best in Cabo, Mexico where it is quite poular. Not skunky like Corona but probably still a step down from more flavorful beers like malty dos equis and hoppy Bohemia, in my opinion.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
desurfer (1224) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - SEP 17, 2003
Good, for a light American Standard. I would take this over a Corona when having Mexican food.