overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 1307   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.07   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Pacifico, a pilsener type beer, dates back to the beginning of 1900’s. Since 1985, Pacífico has been exported mainly to the West Coast of USA, where it has gained strong recognition.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Dorwart (2439) - Robbinsville, New Jersey, USA - NOV 25, 2003
Thin head with little carbonation. Aroma dominated by malt and not much else. Color is a light to medium pale gold. Flavor is very thin but slightly sweet with more malts. Finish is clean and zippy (fizzy) with not much going for it. Better than Corona? Thats not saying much.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
Trappist (286) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - NOV 22, 2003
Well I agree with the rating given by wulfhere. Better than Corona, but it is for the most part the same beer, with just a better taste. Not the best, but I was given a deal at my work for a six pack of this for a dollar. So hey nothing lossed on this one for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
biermonk (265) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - NOV 19, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 17, 2003 Golden color not unlike most other Mexican beers. I personally order this over Corona. Tastes of corn and not much else. A good beer to drink when it's 90 degrees with 90% humidity during a Georgia August.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
wulfhere (217) - Billings, Montana, USA - NOV 10, 2003
Pacifico is slightly better than Corona, but essentially the same beer. The difference is similar to Miller verus Bud. In the end, who cares?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
MMM...Beer (385) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - NOV 7, 2003
I wish I found this one a few months ago. light, fruity crisp.vey refreshing

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
IPFreely (1470) - Sanborn, New York, USA - NOV 3, 2003
Better than most of the other pale lagers from Mexico. Some malt, some corn. Pretty watery, pretty expensive. Avoid

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
DaDocXL17 (6) - Fremont, California, USA - OCT 27, 2003 does not count
A darker beer, I was not impressed at all by this beer and I would rather not drink it ever again.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Aubrey (3488) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - OCT 22, 2003
Clear, yellow and fizzy with a quickly fading head. Corn syrup sweetness with some DMS thrown in. Sugar laden rice flavors. Mouthfeel was sharp up front, smooth and sugary in the rear. Only a hint of hop aromas, which left me either yearning for more hops or more sensory receptors in my nose. Cheap corn notes surround. Sticky, cloying finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
thefatguy (34) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - OCT 10, 2003
Good. Not the best from Mexico, thats Corona for me. Good taste,Reccommended serving is fish, and I sould see hoe they compliment each other. Not a bad aftertaste like Sol (soapy). Good Mecican. Looks great, but head is gone fast. More pale in color thatn a golden Corona.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
DKlovesbeer (172) - Sarasota, Florida, USA - OCT 8, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 21, 2003 Though there is nothing particularly offensive about this beer I prefer drinking it from a bottle over a glass. I tried tasting it from a glass and at first the pale golden color looked refreshing and tasty but within seconds the ethereal white head evaporated leaving behind an unpleasant bubbly yellow liquid that smelled and tasted like dry corn. I poured out the glass and opened another bottle. This beer’s watery mouthfeel could be either refreshing or frustrating depending on a host of environmental variables; for instance, my brother-in-law brought some Pacifico over for a pizza and movie night and I longed for a more substantial beer but for a recent beach barbecue Pacifico was the perfect companion. My conclusion is that so long as it comes straight from the bottle and environmental conditions are favorable I would drink Pacifico over other beers of its type. While I don't think it would go well with steak and cigars I do currently entertain a fantasy involving a case of Pacifico and a bottle of Cuervo... maybe next Sinco de Mayo. Until then I will consider this to be my version of light beer.