overall
Brewed by Grupo Modelo (Corona)
Style: Pale Lager
México DF, Mexico

RATINGS: 1219   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.06   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Pacifico, a pilsener type beer, dates back to the beginning of 1900’s. Since 1985, Pacífico has been exported mainly to the West Coast of USA, where it has gained strong recognition.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - OCT 1, 2002
I’m surprised to see that this is considered an absolute middle of the road beer. If this were a 2.5 on my scale, I’d have only American standards (real American standards, not Mexican-American) lower. The percentile shows that most people on this site give beers a way above average rating, the percentile is definitely below average so the rating should reflect that. That’s why I give this a suck-ass rating, because it was a suck-ass beer. Bland, watery and lacking any depth, this is simply another refreshment meant to quench one’s thirst...not a good beer.

1.3
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
beerguy101 (5274) - Newark, California, USA - SEP 28, 2002
Very light gold color, medium head. Light tasting lager, very light malts, prevalent lemony flavor, not very appealing. Mouthfeel is kind of thin. Finish is crisp. Aftertaste is lemony and neutral. Not a very good beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
mmmbeerUGA99 (4) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - SEP 26, 2002 does not count
I’d like to let the previous rater know that big words don’t give you the right to compare a good beer to corona. pacifico clara actually has some character to it, unlike it’s mexican cousin corona. overall, it’s a quality brew.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
OlJuntan64 (1265) - Perth, AUSTRALIA - SEP 24, 2002
Pale straw clear with small very short lasting head. Faint eggshell with hint of acetone and dilute gueuze aroma. Soft corm malt sweet and faint raw alcohol bitter start, Light metallic stale finish and aftertaste. There’s not much in it but I think that Corona extra is marginally better.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
ElGaucho (2188) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - SEP 15, 2002
Pacifico long was the beer I would order when at Mexican restaurants. I felt it was superior to the other standard offerings, like Corona, Modelo, Tecate, etc. That was before I was introduced to full-bodied beers. So, now I judge it for its merits relative to other American Standards. I still find it matches up favorably; my second favorite Mexican offering behind Negro Modelo.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - SEP 13, 2002
everything i’ve come to expect from bad mexican beer. poor taste and a terrible palate

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
MadMan (495) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - SEP 7, 2002
Among the Mexican beers this one has a warm place in my heart. It is also more drinkable than most of the other Mexican swill. I like the yellow label and always forgo the lime they bring me. If it is socially appropriate to order a mexican beer I always order this one, even though most of my friends either go for Corona (yuck) or DosEquis Amber (ok).

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
PorterPounder (5338) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - SEP 6, 2002
Step above Corona - does not need the ubiquitous lime that the waitress brought. Nothing offensive here - smooth drinking - good compliment to Mexican food. Could see drinking several of these on a Mexican beach.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Dave420 (55) - O.C, California, USA - SEP 6, 2002
ahhhh... doesnt really have much of a smell similiar to budweiser. Taste is alot better tho but has a weird after taste to it. it reminds me of a mexican rolling rock, just plain and simple that gets the job done. The first one i pulled out of the case had a dead moth on it.... so i dont really know about the quality of this beer, probabaly wont be buying anything from mexico anytime soon.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20