overall

RATINGS: 174   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
This hop flavor and aroma of the truly American cascade hop distinguishes this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Beer Guy99 (250) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - OCT 7, 2005
I enjoyed a six pack of this while on Hilton Head. This was a very nice and enjoyable pale ale. Perhaps a bit thinner than I prefer but I’d definitely drink it again. Nice deep golden color with reddish hints. Good, long-lasting head and nice hoppy flavors that did not disappoint. I’d recommend this out of all of the beers in the Piggly Wiggly cooler, I think I bought the best available on Hilton Head.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
OhioDad (2493) - Hilliard, Ohio, USA - SEP 26, 2005
12 oz bottle consumed in the condo on vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC. Pours golden with a fair white head. Aroma is sharp citrus and some floral notes. Flavor is sharp citrus hops that blend to a very short taste of malts before another puckering blast of citrus on the finish. Palate seems to not be as crisp as other pales that I’ve tried. Seems somewhat unbalanced. Decent and drinkable but I liked the amber and the porter better.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
WISEGUY572 (1373) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 16, 2005
Good looking golden IPA color, with citrus American hopping for bitterness and sweet malt. Good long bitter finish, and a pleasant surprise. I’m probably a bit higher than average on the ratings of this one, but the style, with adequate west coast hopping, is one of my favorites. Again, I wonder about quality control and consistency, when other raters are complaining about the lack of hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Fish (440) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 8, 2005
If I’m not mistaken this is my first South Carolina microbrew. Not too shabby really. So-so hop character. But not a bad ale overall.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Hoss (607) - Florida, USA - SEP 5, 2005
Had it on my trip to columbia. Rather low priced for a micro brew but this one was not an outstanding example of the APA, good but not grat

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
fly (1417) - austin, Tejas, Alabama, USA - AUG 9, 2005
Simple, pretty well constructed pale ale. Some grapefruit and coming from the malt, not much more than the basics. Pretty satisfying and even though I had no stereotype in mind for South Carolina, it sure helps me keep from developing a bad one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
shrubber85 (7515) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - AUG 6, 2005
Bottle. Cherry-apple and hops aroma. Copper color with small head. Sweet cherry malt flavor initially with a moderate bitter hops finish. Nothing unpleasant but pretty much an average micro - Not unlike SNPA.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
stegosaurus (1882) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 28, 2005
pours copper with a decent sized white head, aroma was mostly malt, the taste was malt and carbonation, yet this beer is better than most macro brewed, its far from being great.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
gsmitty80 (1794) - Washington DC, USA - JUL 10, 2005
I enjoyed this beer a great deal. Had a bottle of it with some sushi at sunami in Charleston. Suprisingly smooth and refreshing. A reccommendable bear for any pale ale fan.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
KariCupcake (214) - Lenox, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 6, 2005
Coppery brown/golden color. Smells good and has a smooth taste. I like it. The aftertaste lingers and it tastes better than the first taste.