overall

RATINGS: 173   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   EST. CALORIES: 171   ABV: 5.7%
This hop flavor and aroma of the truly American cascade hop distinguishes this beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Raytailgater (105) - Rockledge, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 19, 2002
A very good beer from the Carolinas. Pretty cool label also.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Braudog (5584) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - APR 29, 2007
Bottle. Orange-amber with a thin but foamy top; wispy aroma of a hop flower, the flavor is slightly more aggressive, but not much. Citricly hoppy but tight, with a nice melodic balance. Nice tarty edge defines this beer. Well done. (#2816, 4/22/2007)

Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - JUN 26, 2004
UPDATED: JUN 28, 2004 Thanks to the generosity of Ross I’m able to sample beer from a state I spent allot of time in when I was too young to consume it. Very Nice APA!!! Hoppy, bitter, faint hint of sweet tea behind the potent hops. Smooth and very drinkable. Great beer, First beer of Ross’ shipment I think I chose a good one to start of with. If you haven’t had this beer, maybe you should.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheBeerLover (1025) - DC Metro Area, USA - JAN 25, 2006
Palmetto Pale Ale is a very respectable APA. This beer pours to a deep pale color with a nice white head, and a soft carbonation. The nose is very fragrant with citric hop aromas and just a touch of malt sweetness. The body is a sold malt base of good pale malt flavors, some nice, juicy, fruity esters. This beer finishes with a very nice, dry, citric hop bitterness that lingers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
tugdriver7 (26) - Maryland, USA - SEP 11, 2006
Delivered to my refrigerator from SC (thanks J!). What a pleasant surprise. I hadn’t read anything about it, but loved the amber color and nice foam head. Mostly malt in the nose, with a hint of hops that hits you a bit more as you begin to sip through the foam. Mouthful is rich with just a tickle/hint of carbonation. Taste is malt and hops and carmel and a touch of citrus-like hops flavor that adds an incredibly delicate tartness. Amazing balance--and yet each taste comes in and out in turn. And yet there is nothing about it that is "in your face" (e.g., highly hopped). And they list ingredients on the bottle as nothing but water, yeast, hops and malted barley. No tricks (adjuncts, additives, etc.). Just pure quality taste. I loved it. The slightly bitter aftertaste is phenomenal. Makes you want to pick up the glass again and again. Easily one of my absolutely favorite APAs. Long after you’re through the glass, the taste lingers on your tongue and your mouth waters. Could easily be a "usual" for me, if I could find it up here. Guess another trip to NC is in the future.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
ross (2075) - weddington, North Carolina, USA - JUN 17, 2004
orange red colored pour. nice hop and malty smelly. flavor is plenty full of hops, and it has a nice taste to it. not too bitter, but bitter enough to make it good. this is a really good beer, these guys are a great brewery! one of the better SC beers ive drank.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Beer Guy99 (250) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - OCT 7, 2005
I enjoyed a six pack of this while on Hilton Head. This was a very nice and enjoyable pale ale. Perhaps a bit thinner than I prefer but I’d definitely drink it again. Nice deep golden color with reddish hints. Good, long-lasting head and nice hoppy flavors that did not disappoint. I’d recommend this out of all of the beers in the Piggly Wiggly cooler, I think I bought the best available on Hilton Head.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
unclemattie (4131) - Georgia, USA - FEB 27, 2007
This was my favorite out of the 4 Palmetto Beers that I’ve tried on my trip to Charleston. Had it both on tap and in the bottle. Preferred the bottle on this one. amber/copper colored. beautiful lacing on every one I had. Malt sweetness is controlled by a West Coast floral hop aroma. resembles an IPA. This is a great refreshing American Pale Ale.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
cale422 (28) - Timmonsville, South Carolina, USA - JUN 2, 2008
A darker pale almost amber malt and hop aroma a slight citrus aroma and flavor great crisp finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
csaso (1306) - Missouri, USA - NOV 23, 2011
Tap- big foamy head, medium amber color, very nice hop aroma and flavor - better than expected