Brewed by Paulaner Brauerei (Schörghuber)
Style: German Hefeweizen
Munich, Germany
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 2830   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Unfiltered bottles and cans.
Ingredients: Water; Malted wheat; Malted barley; Yeast; Hops.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
antisnobJP (275) - St. Michael, Minnesota, USA - DEC 3, 2003
Yeah-hazy,orange-yellow, banana-clove thing, frothy head, sour and refreshing, yada yada.... I know it is very good for its style, just ain't my thang.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
papajohn (1249) - San Diego (Mira Mesa), California, USA - NOV 22, 2003
Pours hazy apricot color with a generous white head. Nose is first banana then spice. Flavor starts lightly sweet with a hint of fruit followed some light belgium yeast and spice and finishing kinda dry with a light hop bite. This just became my favorite hefe.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
nickchalk (229) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 15, 2003
Yellow cloudy beer with a nice size head. Subtle aroma of fruits: fresh peaches maybe. Flavours of banana, fresh wheat. Was refreshing, enjoyed this beer. Bottle.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Reid (2138) - Salem, Oregon, USA - NOV 15, 2003
I got this one in the 1 pint 9 oz brown Euro style bottle with a lovelly landscape label. Appearance: Nice sunshine orange witha very good haziness.A good sized solid creamy white head that lingers long. Good looking strings of carbonation rise to the top..nice looker. Wow what an aroma, strong banana scents linger with fresh bread wondeful , makes the American Hefes smell like wimps!! I can tatse immediatlly bananas, apples and even a touch of cherry in this.Also can taste some hop bitterness at the end. This beer is fairly crisp with a dry finish. Pretty crisp , well carbonated..good but have had better mouthfeel from other kinds of beer. Like most Hefe-Weizens, I found this beer very drinkable..a nice ale!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Boutip (5357) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 11, 2003
CLoudy yellowish brew with a reasonable head. Very complex mix of spice with a fresh taste of wheat. Overall a good example of the style without being the best of the category.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Sanchex (224) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 9, 2003
Nice aroma and color, fruity nose and a nice hazy golden color. Tasted very spicy, heavy clove high note with a fruity/cinnamon base note. I couldn't force myself to finish it. It may be a good example of hefeweizen, but I just didn't like it. Will definitely retaste this beer if I can find it on tap.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
frankR (145) - Davis, California, USA - OCT 31, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 9, 2004 Poured with a massive good tasting head. The appearance was cloudy yellow, some orange tint, tiny little bubbles; very attractive. The aroma was warm and fuzzy with some fruit: apricot palette. The flavor was very unique, yeasty in body. Much better than the Pyramid and Widmer Hefes I've had.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
dingo (37) - USA - OCT 29, 2003
Cloudy is right; this beer pours thick and hoppy. The head lingered longer than what others have reported here for me. This is one of the better hefe's that I've had. Better than the last one I had (Pyramid).

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
brewblackhole (1588) - Muskego, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 28, 2003
Cloudy small head, citrousy hoppy carmel aroma, leaves a coating on the tongue, not at the top of my list.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - OCT 26, 2003
Definitley one of the better beers of this my favcorite style. I had it on tap and was knocked out by its cloudy color and great fgresh smell. A lot of sweetness mixed with just the right amount of sour with no after taste. Maybe not as good as Hacker but what is?