overall
Brewed by Paulaner Brauerei (Schörghuber)
Style: German Hefeweizen
Munich, Germany
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 2649   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Unfiltered bottles and cans.
"Naturtrüb".
Ingredients: Water; Malted wheat; Malted barley; Yeast; Hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
jpknight22 (171) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - SEP 13, 2002
Very very weaty, nice carbonation, pours very nicely into a swirl of blonde and light orange. Hefeweizens aren’t totally my style but this one was very enjoyable and I’ll order it again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
gbzia (195) - Cedar Knolls, New Jersey, USA - SEP 11, 2002
A nice drinkable HW. Generally available, and worth a try for first timers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
softale (188) - Michigan, USA - SEP 10, 2002
Cloudy yellowish - orange appearance. Huge head typical for it’s style. Very nice banana, citrus and clove aroma. It’s a very good hefe.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
mrkimchee (1414) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 4, 2002
wheat beer tasting ’02: big banana and yeast aroma. slightly fruity flavour sweeter than most.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jfishback13 (275) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - SEP 3, 2002
I’m normally not a big fan of wheat beers, but I’ll make an exception for this one. Slightly cidery and enjoyable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheBeerGod (5403) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - SEP 1, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 21, 2003 Great hefeweizen! Highly recommended. Perfect example of this style of beer. Classic cloudy blond when the yeast is mixed in. Some fruit notes and spice notes throughout the taste. Very refreshing, as a hefeweizen should. Pick one up today and enjoy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Hugerat (452) - somerville, Massachusetts, USA - AUG 26, 2002
One of the best Hefeweizens I’ve had. Gorgeous cloudy golden color with lots of head. Doesn’t have as strong a banana flavor as many other wheats, but very clean tasting.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Dionysian (39) - Paris, FRANCE - AUG 25, 2002
Spank my parrot gently and call me a sour puss, this is easily one of the best beers of its style. I didnt sense as much fruitiness as many of you fruits have, but I certainly tasted the wheat. Crisp, refreshing.. almost reminicent of a high quality pils. I felt like a tawdry black woman after a few sips of this beer. Is that a good thing? WHO KNOWS. This beer is quality.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Aesir (130) - Tustin, California, USA - AUG 23, 2002
Cloudy orange color, banana in the aroma with traces in the aftertaste. And spank my giraff and call me whiskers, it tastes a little like WHEAT. This is a wheat that’s hard to beat.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
zborgerd (187) - Illinois, USA - AUG 21, 2002
UPDATED: APR 25, 2005 Excellent Hefeweizen! Paulaner has a very complex taste of wheat, apple, banannas, citrus, and bread. It is thick and yeasty, but crisp. This is one of my favorites of the style. I’ve had other wheats, but I always come back to Paulaner. This one just mellows me out, with the right amount of alcohol. I could drink this one daily.