overall
Brewed by Paulaner Brauerei (Schörghuber)
Style: German Hefeweizen
Munich, Germany
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 2913   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58/5   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Unfiltered bottles and cans.
"Naturtrüb".
Ingredients: Water; Malted wheat; Malted barley; Yeast; Hops.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mohawksin (187) - Nebraska, USA - JUN 23, 2004
Bottle. Tons of carbonation, but a cool cloudiness with it too. Smell was sweet and spicy, like a holiday grog. There was several flavors that are noteable: banana, lemon, clove. Even the belch it gave me was tasty. This was my first, and it won’t be my last.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
BearBrewer (86) - New York, east village, New York, USA - JUN 23, 2004
pretty good heffe. nothing to write home about but good, cloudy, orange with a frothy head, some nice clove/bannana/fruity esters goin on, had a bit of a sour funky finish though. Maybe was a bad tap. I liked it overall

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
robertsreality (2460) - Minnesota, USA - JUN 21, 2004
For an easy to obtain beer, this one has its merits...cloudy orange coloring...wheat, fruity taste..very good.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
ante (3374) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - JUN 16, 2004
Looks just like I want my Hefe-Weizens. Cloudy orange with a rich firm white head. Weak aroma of young bananas adn yeast. Round wheaty flavour of banana, spices and wheat. Smooth finish of vanilla and wheat and banana.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
MrKevvie (29) - Texas, USA - JUN 14, 2004
Sorry wasnt a fan of this one...It had great clour and aroma. Nice looking head......but the flavour to me was a bit much...too much "citrusy" after taste and it was generally a bit much on the flavour....not one to drink down on an empty stomach. I have had a lot of different hefe weiss beers in the past but to me this one was not that enjoyable. Don’t know how it is out of the bottle as this was on tap, but it wasnt my cup of tea.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
humulus (339) - Salem, Missouri, USA - JUN 12, 2004
Ahhh, the german wheats. Maybe its the water, but very few American brewers have captured this style to my complete satisfaction. This one is cloudy and dark yellow with with bananna esters in the aroma and again in the flavor where it is well balanced with spice. Adding a lemon wedge to this brew would be overkill as it is laced with ample citrusy goodness. The head is white and thick and the sweetness is just smooth enough to complement the palate and mellow the spices. A very nice example of the style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
blatantdream (78) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - JUN 12, 2004
Paulaner’s Hefeweizen... a classic. I’ve also always had a soft spot for this one. Sweet malty complex flavors with hints of fruits and spices that create a very pleasant experience. Nice fruity aroma. Great beer to always have around at all times.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
FROTHINGSLOSH (6301) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 12, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 21, 2011 Ah Paulaner my old friend. I discovered you at age 22. 10 full years before my rate beer obsession. For most of those years you were my only thought when wheat beers came to mind. Sure now and then I would cheat. Would see some other wheaty behind your back. But baby, I always came back, and you have always been there for me. Rarely has a month gone by when you were not there by my side, though I must confess that months would sometimes pass between the times I would grab you and take you for my own. Sigh. I guess the glitter comes off all relationships at some point. I even remember 1995 when Jurgen the German exchange student came to live with us. He was so thrilled the first time he opened the fridge and saw you there. He claimed that he had you all the time when he was in Germany. I felt proud. I felt the love. And I knew you were my baby. And I trusted you baby - you never failed me. Now I know I have not been as attentive as I should be. And I have been indiscreet in leaving a cyber trail of wheaty romances on my Ratebeer stats list. Now baby, don’t be mad. Don’t go. Yeah sure I’ve been with Weihenstephaner, and ok yeah Ayinger too, but baby you still matter to me.Let me hold your 16.9 oz brown bottle once again. Enjoy the cloudy orange color as you slip into something more quaffable. The large orange head still brings a smile to my face. I can still smell your strong orange and wheat scent. It made my taste buds come alive with desire. Your taste, so full of orange and wheat. True, I am a dog. Yes I have other wheaties on my mind. But baby, what we have will always be special.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
beerbuzzmontreal (3487) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 10, 2004
Pours with a thick, white, fugaceous head and a cloudy golden color. Low carbonation. Very appealing aroma of citrus and spices. Nice flavors, very spicy, fruity and sweet. It has the palate of a wheat beer (of course), light and smooth. All in all, it’s a nice, enjoyable beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Eructoblaster (3640) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 9, 2004
Very nice orange-gold cloudy body with a dense bulky head. Wonderful fruity (orange, banana) and lightly spiced aroma with some pleasant bubblegum notes. Taste is sweet, refreshing and well balanced. It ends with a fair bittersweet yeasty final. Good example of Bavarian Hefeweizen.