overall
Brewed by Paulaner Brauerei (Schörghuber)
Style: German Hefeweizen
Munich, Germany
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 2569   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Unfiltered bottles and cans.
"Naturtrüb".
Ingredients: Water; Malted wheat; Malted barley; Yeast; Hops.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
Beerdrnker199 (3) - Oklahoma, USA - FEB 12, 2002 does not count
This is a really good beer before you eat. Not a beer to be drunk with a big meal. Overall a very tasty beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jerohen (2010) - Bussum, NETHERLANDS - FEB 2, 2002
UPDATED: APR 12, 2008 Bottled (thanks again mom). Cloudy golden/orange coloured, huge lasting white head. Strong aroma of banana and wheat, nice. Sweet flavour, wheat, fruity notes. Thick mouthfeel. Certainly good, but in the style i think Weihenstephaner and Franziskaner are superior.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Beer Guy99 (250) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - JAN 31, 2002
Although hefeweizen isn’t my favorite style, I liked this one when I thought I wouldn’t. I’m generally not a big fan of Paulaner beers. I think they’re quite ordinary for the most part but I enjoyed this hefeweizen better than most I’ve tried. Maybe their is hope for the larger brewers like Paulaner.

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
prpplague (247) - Euless, Texas, USA - JAN 27, 2002
i will not buy this again.the aroma and appearance were nice, however the taste was terrible. i can understand brewmaster’s comparision to peroxide, however i liken it to the water left over after boiling potpourri.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Brian (145) - Ontario, CANADA - JAN 27, 2002
Well, before beginning this review I have to admit that I generally dislike weiss bier, which gives my weiss bier-loving friend no end of fits. That said, the flavor here is quite superb. The ’fruitiness’ doesn’t overwhelm my poor, misguided dark beer-loving palate the way other weiss beers do. It hits the tongue (as does the fruity bite of the aroma) and lingers without making me miss the taste of hops, dark roast, bitter etc. A gateway beer for non-weiss fans? I’d say so. I just hope that doesn’t damn it to those who like weiss beers. I first drank it in mini-kegs at an Oktoberfest event, and I wanted to make sure that the quantity imbibed (all you can drink) didn’t affect my enjoyment of this beer. But upon ’sober’ reflection with a single bottle, I do admit that this is a damn good beer.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
twierz99 (15) - Minnesota, USA - JAN 26, 2002
I dont see myself buying this stuff again. There sure is heck aint any ’refreshing fruity flavor’. I agree with brewmaster on the peroxide. You must have to be a huge fan of german wheats to drink this stuff. Paulaner is a good brewer...but this does not appeal

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Brewmaster (168) - USA - JAN 23, 2002
I dont see myself buying this again anytime soon, if ever. But decent if consumed ice cold. At avg. temp - i cant help to compare the taste as gargling with peroxide for some reason (If you have ever done that - you know what i mean). Maybe its just me.

Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - JAN 18, 2002
Re-Rate 01/18/02: While I no longer feel Paulaner is worth a ’Perfect 5’, I still rank it in the top 5 on my master list of Hefe’s. Pours a cloudy orange color, nice white head and generous lace. Nose is malt, wheat, citrus, clean and fresh. Front is malt sweet, the middle light, fresh, the finish dry, acidic, moderate carbonation and a bit dry with a nice hop presence to finish it off.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
666seth (222) - California, USA - JAN 16, 2002
A good Hefe weizen traditionlly brewed with five ingredients. I like it

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
labattblueleaf (225) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JAN 15, 2002
As with most hefe-weizen’s, drink with food. It brings out the flavor in the beer as well as the food. Very good, by the way.