overall
Brewed by Paulaner Brauerei (Schörghuber)
Style: German Hefeweizen
Munich, Germany
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 2631   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Unfiltered bottles and cans.
"Naturtrüb".
Ingredients: Water; Malted wheat; Malted barley; Yeast; Hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Dolly99 (5) - Moncton, New Brunswick, CANADA - JUL 15, 2002 does not count
My boyfriend’s personal favorite

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jennythenipper (74) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - JUL 15, 2002
I am re-rating this beer as I recently tried it head to head with Hacker-schorr Weisse. I have always like the ’Natural Wheat’ style best, when you get free wheat with the beer, but I think I actually liked the taste of Hacker-Schorr better because it had lest of a boozy aftertaste. This is one case where my sensibilities and my senses just didn’t meet up. But, it’s still a great wheat and one that I’ll continue to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
swamptours (28) - Romulus, Michigan, USA - JUL 7, 2002
Wasn’t quite as good as I was expecting. A little weak in taste and not quite as strong an aroma as I was hoping. Still not too bad though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
JahNoth (1039) - Rochester, New York, USA - JUN 23, 2002
Citrus/banana/doughy smell and flavor. Cloudy appearance and easy drinking. Wheat beers just are not my favorites, but this does seem to be a classic.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUN 22, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 17, 2003 Pours a dark golden- yellow hazy color, has a creamy white head and leaves a nice lace in my glass, spicy yeasty aroma. Banana yeasty wheat flavor, some sourness, light-medium body, nice creamy and soft palate. has a very sweet finish. I think I had a bad bottle the first time I tried it, this one must be fresh.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
pilsnerrogge (2553) - Finspång, SWEDEN - JUN 22, 2002
Looks, smells, and tastes just like an German wheat. No surprises.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
nevditz (16) - San Francisco, California, USA - JUN 19, 2002
airy, flowery beer thats very tasty. better when not so cold, and in smaller quantities(1/2 bottle perfect)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Gunshy (479) - Ohio, USA - JUN 19, 2002
This beer pour a cloudy, yellow color with a nice white head that left some lace. Some level of carbonation present. Some aroma of clove and maybe a hint of banana. The tast has some hops and clove aspects. The finish is what sells me on this beer. I am not a big fan of this style, but look for these styles for the warmer months. This is what this type of beer should be like. Definiately worth checking out.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Radek Kliber (6543) - Toronto (Can) Krotoszyn (Pol), POLAND - JUN 16, 2002
Great wheat beer , fruity aroma with hint of berry (strawberry?) , creamy impresions . Highly recomended !

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - JUN 16, 2002
Es muy bueno. This is one of the very best hefe’s out there so go buy a bottle today! Extremely wheaty and flavorful.