overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 913   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.14   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Please note, this is NOT the Oktoberfest Märzen sold in the US.
Also sold as Paulaner Wiesn Bier in 1L cans

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
motelpogo (6130) - Plzen, CZECH REPUBLIC - SEP 20, 2002
very malty. quite drinkable. nothing remarkable

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
Inveigler (371) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - SEP 19, 2002
I was the guy who said "ugh" (see jfishback13’s rating). I hesitate to post this rating because I am sure that something funky happened to this beer. This cannot be the way the brewery intended the beer to taste. Besides which, I think that German laws prohibits the addition of dill and vinegar to beer. I will try a bottle and rerate. But I wanted to post this here to see if anyone else has had this problem?

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - SEP 19, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 17, 2003 Update: Come now. What I remember as a terribly rich malty maerzen now tastes thin and finishes grainy like their helles. Not what it once was. Old: 4.1. This is the big, bumbling, brutish Bavarian bastard. Not a lot of finesse, but plenty of worty malt and a bit of alcohol. This beer is simply a great time.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Jfishback13 (275) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - SEP 19, 2002
This must have been a bad batch. I had two sips after the guy who bought it said, "ugh". That’s normally not a good way to be introduced to a beer. It tasted like vinegar or pickles. The place I had it takes very good care of their taps, so I don’t think that was the problem. There is no way they would have made a beer taste like this on purpose.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
MOboy (505) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - SEP 18, 2002
This is a good oktoberfest but it seems to be losing something everytime I try it. I think I am going to do a oktoberfest battle as soon as someone gets something besides Paulaner in this damn city!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Brewmaster (168) - USA - SEP 16, 2002
A great all around drinkable beer. Nothing outstanding, but nothing to make me dislike it either.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
jonas (5477) - Garching b. München, GERMANY - SEP 16, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 26, 2003 Watery, straw and somewhat skunky nose. Pale urine yellow, no carbonation, ok head. Boring, medium body, watery aftertaste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
morty99 (371) - Maryland, USA - SEP 15, 2002

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
albertk99 (12) - Denton, Texas, USA - SEP 14, 2002
smooth and malty, nice aroma. Overall pretty well balanced, but dosen’t have a very distinct taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20