Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 1070   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.14   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Please note, this is NOT the Oktoberfest Märzen sold in the US.
Also sold as Paulaner Wiesn Bier in 1L cans

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
yayforbeer (753) - Orange Park, Florida, USA - FEB 18, 2005
Picked this up on a whim while searching for something new because i liked everything else I had from Paulaner. Low expectations because of past encounters with "oktoberfests". Turned out to be a tasty and enjoyable brew to open after a long day at work. Dark golden with a creamy head which vanished after a while. Excellent malty flavor, faintly sweet, faintly hoppy, and faint bitter finish. Thick and chewy in the mouth; perfectly balanced for an "anti-hop-head" like me. Totally unexpected, but I loved it. Yes I see everybody else rates it lower but I dont care. Excellent!!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Sammy (9826) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 27, 2005
Musty aroma. Some initial head but nothing to look at. Suitable Above average carbonation, some malts and some bitterness and astringency in finish, with dry bitter aftertaste that’s best part.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
HoppyBunny (88) - Temptation, Michigan, USA - JAN 4, 2005
Golden in color, with little head. Aroma is sweet hops. Clean on the taste with bubbles to finish. I just love the bubbles.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Eyedrinkale (3213) - Astoria, New York, USA - JAN 4, 2005
Nice golden color with a thin white head. Aroma is skunked hops and sweet malts. A world class Marzen, for sure. Im just not a fan of the style.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Stew41 (1811) - Woodend, AUSTRALIA - DEC 16, 2004
Ultra clear in the glass and light amber in colour. Sweetish malt aromas. More sweetness in the mouth, not hoppy but a good level of fizz stops the beer becoming fat. Ok but would have expected more at the rating - just a bit too one dimensional. Very easy to drink and I can see its appeal in this regard.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Linc (739) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - DEC 7, 2004
First tasting of this beer was over a year old, so I didn’t rate it. Second tasting of this beer was with a recent bottle, and gee, I don’t know why I bothered. I figure this beer is designed just to get drunk on with it’s higher than normal ABV and very inoffensive taste. It had little subtlety, just a clear malty brew with a slight hop twang. Not a very crisp finish, given enough I can see myself throwing this stuff up.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
timdom (19) - AUSTRALIA - NOV 24, 2004
Bottle Best before 08/04 So it’s getting on. Still holds up well. Pours pale gold to my surprise. I expected a richer amber color. Nose is of cracked grain and light caramel. Hops are faintly floral. Flavour is well balanced and slightly sweet. Hop bitterness is just enough to clean the finish. Well rounded drop.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
IJT (40) - Carterton, ENGLAND - NOV 18, 2004
Amber/gold colour, a bit of a white head, but ti didn’t really last long. The noble hops came through, as did caramel notes, nice enough, but not my sort of thing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
wnhay (722) - Princeton, New Jersey, USA - NOV 18, 2004
I had this on tap at the Gingerman and liked it. It compliments the Paulaner Hefeweizen very well. Oktoberfests are fine but not my favorite types of beer. I wouldn’t drink them in the summer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
thehipone (197) - AUSTRALIA - NOV 7, 2004
An aroma of noble, flowery hops and a hint of malt. Pours to a golden color with a white head, with fair retention. Has that grainy/candy lager flavor with mild bitterness. A bit of alcohol taste is detectable.