overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 931   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.14   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Please note, this is NOT the Oktoberfest Märzen sold in the US.
Also sold as Paulaner Wiesn Bier in 1L cans

seuinoz (142) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 13, 2001
very smooth on the palate. easy going down nice hoppy taste that stays with you till end

RunawayUD (30) - USA - NOV 12, 2001
Everything a beer should be! Serve with brats and kraut and have your own Oktoberfest.

jimmbo123 (44) - Washington, USA - JUN 16, 2009
Flavors are very mild. Overall this gives the impression of a what a basic beer should be. The blandness of the main stream beers is said to be an intentional marketing ploy - "to offend as few people as possible." I believe that this beer is the best I have ever tasted which is not in conflict with that. In other words, anyone who likes the main stream beers should love this one. If you want a lot of flavor look elsewhere.

JasonZ28 (2) - USA - JAN 30, 2010 does not count
This is a beer for the expierenced taste. I have seen many of the reviews and am curious if we taste the same beer. The taste of caramel is over the top, to give a mouth watering taste to it. The sweet taste gives way to a malty and slight bitter taste. The full balance a complexed beer that puts Sam Adams to shame. I have tasted this here in a bottle and in Muinch on draft. The beer transfer well, ever though the draft is a bit better as expected. What the Germans make beer like this, it makes you feel like we’re drinking Fords, when they’re drinking Porsches. You know what I mean. Ours is good, but theirs is better.

indiojoe (10) - glendale, Arizona, USA - MAR 27, 2012
My favorite German Oktoberfest. Served on tap at Billy Groat Gruff’s in Ourray, Co., you’d think you were in the Bavarian Alps. Amber-orange colored. A sweet finish to the bottom of the stein. This brew was invented by Spaten, but Paualaner has perfected it to be a great beer with German sausage, hackbraten, or eisbein. Prost!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
dutchomatic (2) - Texas, USA - OCT 10, 2013 does not count
Sweet hay, straw, soft butter cream. When I taste this beer I’m transported the the Theresienwiese. To me, its the only beer of this specific style I have had in the US that looks, smells, and tastes identical to the festzelt pours. Great with roast chicken, bread or brez’n, obatzda... Pour in a maß and enjoy. Prost!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
dmcguriman (10) - USA - AUG 15, 2003
I drink the little kegs of this stuff every fall. Oktoberfest in America, YUM

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Shannon127 (15) - USA - MAR 24, 2008
This is the standard for Oktoberfest Bier. Excellent color, very true to the style. Flavor is unmatched in festbiers. As others have said below, it is the best mass at Oktoberfest.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Energy199 (2) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - OCT 11, 2001 does not count
This is my favorite beer and my baseline for compareing all others. I haven’t had the 2001 yet so this rating is based on 99 and 00 beer. Aroma could have had a little more malt Aroma. I think if it wasn’t filtered quite so much it would get tops on everything. A+++ beer

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20