overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 991   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
This beer is sold as Paulaner Oktoberfest Märzen on the US market.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
desurfer (1246) - Melbourne, Florida, USA - OCT 25, 2003
Not too impressive. Standard looking Oktoberfest, same malty flavor, but I detected a distinct sourness in it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dwyerpg (4827) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - OCT 23, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 3, 2005 Fantastic light fruity smell, like an IPA. Great color, taste, flavor. The only drawback I find is that it is not as full or filling as I would like. On a re-rate, and after knowing fully what this style is, this beer is certainly at or near the top.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
mkobes (2142) - paramus, New Jersey, USA - OCT 21, 2003
Smooth beer with a hoppy flavor. Good flavor.It had a rich creamy head. Very clean. Amber in color. I liked it. Pleasant fest beer to drink.

Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - OCT 14, 2003
Not bad but not my favorite. Mine said on the label "Oktoberfest/Marzen" and directly beneath "Amber". I'm rating it here because the rest of the label is correct. Not a bad Marzen comparable to Samuel Adams in flavor to me. Capital is still my favorite followed closely by leinies Oktoberfest.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
dortmunder (961) - Herdecke, GERMANY - OCT 3, 2003
Bottled. Clear copper. Head is very slightly off-white and diminishing. Malty nose. Tastes malty with a bit of hoppiness. Slightly bitter finish. Overall the taste reminded me more of a Helles than a Märzen. A little disappointment.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - SEP 30, 2003
Pretty good, for what it is. Better than I expected, at any rate. "Amber" normally reads as "crap" in my dictionary.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
aaronh (201) - McMurray, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 27, 2003
Pours with a nice white head on a copper body. The aroma is fabulous, with sweet floral smells and a hint of spices reminiscent of nutmeg. The head leaves a light lace on the glass. The flavor is very rewarding. Sweetness balanced wonderfully by hop bitterness. This is my favorite O'fest by far.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
egajdzis (5550) - Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 27, 2003
Sampled at the Ludwig's Garten Oktoberfest party. Poured a brownish red color with a small head. Had a strong diactyl aroma and the taste was that of caramel, diactyl and a signature lager. This was pretty decent.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
carboloader (674) - Houston, Texas, USA - SEP 25, 2003
UPDATED: APR 20, 2010 On draft. Pours a beautiful dark copper/amber with medium white head. Aroma is surprisingly fragrant with pear and apple tones. Smells delicious. Flavor is same with addition of nicely balanced malt and a very smooth finish. Creamy on the palate. I had no idea Oktoberfest beer could be so tasty. Perhaps I need to try others as well.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Shag (2678) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - SEP 23, 2003
UPDATED: NOV 22, 2003 Good malty and floral aroma. Amber colored with nice lacing. Complex flavor that is slightly bitter but mostly malty. Creamy mouthfeel. I am enjoying this alot more than I expected. Fantastic!