overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 932   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.35   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
This beer is sold as Paulaner Oktoberfest Märzen on the US market.

Tilley4 (218) - Huron, Tennessee, USA - NOV 12, 2007
My favorite beer. I rated it higher than most people because I personally like it better than anything else I have tried thus far. Nice amber color with a light caramel head and nice lacing as it goes down. Malty and delicious!!

ausleerenstein (8) - knoxville, Tennessee, USA - AUG 8, 2009 does not count
UPDATED: JUN 30, 2010 had a 24oz draft at a restaurant called ol heidelberg in huntsville ala and promptly had four more with my jagerschnitzel. if anyone hasn’t had this yet find it on draft if possible and drink one or more this is one of the great beers brewed today

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
garv (24) - dalton, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 31, 2003
My favorite Octoberfest! Wonderful when freshly drawn from the tap in my gargage on a crisp autumn morning!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
chadcs (76) - Westminster, South Carolina, USA - NOV 18, 2007
Got this one on tap in Helan, Ga during there octoberfest celebration. This is one of the two Kings of the marzen style. I will take a trip back to helan soon just to have some more of this beer from the tap.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
steelers (35) - Minnesota, USA - AUG 31, 2012
Just had a bottle at Hops And Vines in Shakopee MN. They are have a German Beer event tonight so I’m drinking beers that I haven’t had before. Awsome! This beer I smell caramel and herbs and a hint of vanilla. Color amber, minimal head. medium sweetness, yet mouth watering. medium body, average carbonation, long finish. Very good beer, I’m going to buy alot of this beer while it’s avaible. Highly recomend this brew.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
twierz99 (15) - Minnesota, USA - JAN 26, 2002
The commercial description is about dead on. Great appearance, taste, and palate.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Braudog (5578) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - JAN 1, 2004
Orange amber beer with a big top that deflated quickly into a steadfast quarter-inch head. Sweet caramel aroma led to a smooth bittered cigar-malt beer. Very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
BrianHagmeier (299) - Coralville, Iowa, USA - APR 7, 2008
UPDATED: AUG 26, 2009 Nice head with a beautiful copper colored pour. Nose is malty and light with some molasses. Like most Paulaner beers this is good and drinkable. Revisited 09: This last batch is amazing. Probably the best I have ever had. If I could brew beer like this I wouldn’t have to jerk off any more.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
CaptainCaveman (4) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 11, 2008 does not count
Extremely impressive Oktoberfest beer. One of the best, if not the best that I have ever had. Dark reddish amber color, crystal clear, pours with a perfect 1" of head. Smell is very typical and fairly sweet, taste was just wonderful, the start and finish were totally different but each was quite good. Go try this brew!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Dawghouse Brewers99 (91) - Exeter, California, USA - JAN 30, 2002
White creamy head over a light amber colored beer. Roasted malty aroma. Malty sweet and roasted flavor lightly hopped for balance.