overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Bosteels
Style: Belgian Strong Ale
Buggenhout, Belgium

RATINGS: 2121   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57   EST. CALORIES: 252   ABV: 8.4%
Full-bodied Belgian Specialty Ale. Amber in color with beautiful foam and slightly sweet, seductive malt character. Rich, satisfying Belgian experience.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
janir (216) - Oulu, FINLAND - JUL 30, 2008
Very much reddish orange color with light brown, quite small, firm and lacy head. Aroma is caramel malty, spicy, hoppy, yeasty with some alcohol coming through. Flavor is sweet, spicy, syrupy and balanced with raisins. Palate is medium-bodied, practically no carbonation and a bit alcoholic.

VITUSBEERHOUSE (216) - SANTIAGO DE LOS CABALLEROS, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - DEC 7, 2011
muy buena! olor a malta y floral,al paladar muy agradable con sabor a malta y fruta,algo de banana. Decisamente una cerveza que recomiendo

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
JeyAre (216) - - JUL 30, 2014
On draft in el central de Cambrils. Great reddish color very clean and transparent, with a considerable head. Poured in the original glass! The aroma is clearly Belgian, deep sweet and honey. The taste is in the same line, but rather soft. Great palate too, not too bubbly neither too flat. Not much aftertaste, at least nothing of the bitterness I like.. Good overall anyway!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
uhorpheus (215) - houston, Texas, USA - NOV 25, 2002
Good belgian Ale. Weak head, very simmilar to Duvel in my opinion. Slightly odd aftertsate, but I like it. Canít place it though.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
zootfinster (213) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 4, 2007
UPDATED: APR 10, 2008 Cloudy amber - medium light brown head. Malty sweet fruityness. Nice alcohol taste. Actually refreshing. this is my second go-around with this beer and I am raising my rating. I think itís pretty darn good.

Dubbercody (213) - Vancouver, Washington, USA - FEB 10, 2007
Sweet and malty, thick, very lightly perfume-like. When I got down to the yeasty goodness, I was really interestingly pleased with the flavor. Good big ass beer to drink while watching Kevin Smith Strikes Back!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Satyroneto (213) - BRAZIL - MAR 18, 2014
Cor âmbar com tons rubi e translúcida; espuma bege de alta formação e média persistência; bom lacing; Aroma de pão-doce e melaço; Sabor de início maltado bem doce que evolui para um final picante e pouco amargo; retrogosto também picante e que aquece um pouco a boca; corpo médio e carbonatação média. ---Rated via Beer Buddy by Sátyro

1.1
   AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
jodah52 (210) - Michigan, USA - NOV 2, 2009
Opened the bottle, and out came sludge. They basically bottled a yeast cake and sold it to me for $5. Talk about manufacturing errors. Smelled good, but I couldnít try it like that. Maybe Iíll try it again sometime, if I feel like risking another $5.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
beerandrugby (210) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - APR 16, 2007
Belgian beer festival Brussels 2006: How many happy people did I see slurping this beer from the special glass? Really nice sweet honey malt with champagne bubbles... I remember listening to the band, chatting with nice people and having this nice beer!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
SimonLarsen (210) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - MAR 5, 2004
I made a bit of an interesting call here as I don't have the glass so I used a hefeweizen glass as it is closest in shape. I don't think it caused any problems hehehe. Nice dark orange color but a lot of yeast chunks in suspension. Aroma is curiously similar to Scotch Silly. Possibly a touch dryer through hops but if you know one you kow the other (I do love this type of deep malt and caramel smell though so it's a "Good Thing"). The palate is nice and thick and smooth however it has a lightness which other thick palate beers (Chimay blue, Tripel Karmeliet and Silly Scotch leap to mind) could learn from. The flavor also is thick malts and caramel with aftertones of hops which save it from being cloying. I do enjoy this one.