Brewed by Brouwerij Bosteels
Style: Belgian Strong Ale
Buggenhout, Belgium

RATINGS: 2164   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.58   EST. CALORIES: 252   ABV: 8.4%
Full-bodied Belgian Specialty Ale. Amber in color with beautiful foam and slightly sweet, seductive malt character. Rich, satisfying Belgian experience.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Xstream (215) - NETHERLANDS - FEB 16, 2013
I think itís just a very tasty and easy going beer. Itís sweet, but also has a sour yeastiness to it giving it more balance and complexity. Together with a very mild bitter finish with fruits and malts itís just a very refreshing and easy to drink beer. Comes with a very special glass when ordered in the bar/pub.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
jice (215) - Grenoble, FRANCE - JAN 10, 2014
Rien de plus ŗ dire que les autres commentaires. Excellente ambrťe, avec un verre hors norme!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
ska (214) - ITALY - JAN 28, 2010
33cl bottle, clear amber color, medium white head, caramel and yeast aroma with spices and raisins notes, sweet malt flavor, medium to full body, finish with some hops, pleasant and balanced but standard belgian ale

Dubbercody (213) - Vancouver, Washington, USA - FEB 10, 2007
Sweet and malty, thick, very lightly perfume-like. When I got down to the yeasty goodness, I was really interestingly pleased with the flavor. Good big ass beer to drink while watching Kevin Smith Strikes Back!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
beerandrugby (210) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - APR 16, 2007
Belgian beer festival Brussels 2006: How many happy people did I see slurping this beer from the special glass? Really nice sweet honey malt with champagne bubbles... I remember listening to the band, chatting with nice people and having this nice beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
jodah52 (210) - Michigan, USA - NOV 2, 2009
Opened the bottle, and out came sludge. They basically bottled a yeast cake and sold it to me for $5. Talk about manufacturing errors. Smelled good, but I couldnít try it like that. Maybe Iíll try it again sometime, if I feel like risking another $5.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
SimonLarsen (210) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - MAR 5, 2004
I made a bit of an interesting call here as I don't have the glass so I used a hefeweizen glass as it is closest in shape. I don't think it caused any problems hehehe. Nice dark orange color but a lot of yeast chunks in suspension. Aroma is curiously similar to Scotch Silly. Possibly a touch dryer through hops but if you know one you kow the other (I do love this type of deep malt and caramel smell though so it's a "Good Thing"). The palate is nice and thick and smooth however it has a lightness which other thick palate beers (Chimay blue, Tripel Karmeliet and Silly Scotch leap to mind) could learn from. The flavor also is thick malts and caramel with aftertones of hops which save it from being cloying. I do enjoy this one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
mrohia (209) - - JUL 13, 2012
Chappy's. Dayton. Bottle. If you like head, man is this the beer for you. Head lovers, rejoice! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
vacantskies (208) - Spokane, Washington, USA - MAY 25, 2010
The aroma has a lot of banana and cloves. The appearance is thick and dark. The banana flavor continues in the taste. There is a light malty backbone.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
ericmc83 (207) - Arkansas, USA - SEP 3, 2005
I will have to rerate this because the brew accidentally got partially frozen and I donít want to rate a bad sample.