Peg’s G.O.O.D. Ich Bin Ein Rainbow Jelly Donut

Formerly brewed at Peg’s Cantina
Style: Berliner Weisse
Gulfport, Florida USA
Serve in Bowl

RATINGS: 32   MEAN: 3.97/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.77   EST. CALORIES: 117   ABV: 3.9%
Lime and Raspberry aged Berliner Weisse

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
MeadMe (1323) - Riverview, Florida, USA - MAR 26, 2010
UPDATED: JUL 19, 2010 The standard Peg’s Berliner with the addition of Lime and Raspberry. A: Pours a somewhat hazy yellow with tones of red showing through. No head at all. S: Nice aromas. I loved the standard version and the kicked up version is unique for sure. Tart citrus, wet straw, and a bit of grainy bread. T: Holy citrus. Tons of very very tart lemon. Mild tones of powered lime gatorade. There is just a touch of grain. The raspberry don’t really stand out, but I am sure it has added to this bold sourness I am enjoying. Hints of wet straw with a nice acidic bite. M: Rather light in body. Rather tart from start to finish. D: Another awesome offering by Doug. For a guy who just started playing with sours he is doing a real nice job. Tons of flavor and tartness packed into this little beer. On the upper end of beers when it comes to sourness. The fact that it is a Berliner is quite impressive. I would love to have it on draft during the hot summer months. Who needs lemonade when you can have this. Update returned to Peg’s this weekend and Doug pulled out Batch 2 of this gem for me to try. All I can say is wow. He improved on an already great beer. The Raspberry has been ramped up with this batch. The tart with mildly sweet notes of raspberry really comes through. It melds wonderfully with the lime, lemon, and slight brine. He took a great beer and knocked it out of the park. I was blown away this time, and my rating will reflect such.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
gkost (1714) - Tampa, Florida, USA - MAR 25, 2010
UPDATED: APR 17, 2010 Pours a hazy straw yellow. Nose is huge lactic acid, hints of sour fruits, big citrus punch, funk and hay. Flavor is super tart citrus, sour lactic acid, sour fruits, funky, sweet fruit on the back end. My mouth is watering writing this. SO sour. So good. Awesome! Fantastic sour beer. Way more sour than any other berliner I’ve tried.