overall

RATINGS: 14   MEAN: 1.6/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.01   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Contract brewed for GJS Sales

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
blipp (5967) - Newark, New Jersey, USA - JUL 2, 2014
Can. Pours clear gold with a white head. Sweetish malt, corn chips, very faint bitterness, and high carbonation. Whatever I could hammer a 6er of this.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
jredmond (5261) - Manhattan, New York, USA - JUL 2, 2014
Can courtesy of Blipp at RBSDADG 2014. A couple of swigs from a can. Aroma is corn, malt and vague sweetness. Mouthfeel is light and carbonated with ntoes of sweet corn, malt, grain and light alcohol. Whilst cleaning my apartment the next morning, I noticed the nose on this beer remained constant despite sitting out all night. What a treat.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
jtclockwork (8047) - , New Jersey, USA - JUN 28, 2014
Can. RBSDG. Blipp. Pours cloudy yellow white head. Nose/taste of skunk, sweet corn and lemon. Light bodied.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
zach8270 (3376) - Henrietta, New York, USA - JAN 2, 2014
(can - 12 oz) Gold pour with a thin white head. Sweet aroma of corn and some grass. Flavor is much the same. Slightly sweet with a traditional beer aftertaste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
douglas88 (5841) - Portland, Oregon, USA - SEP 9, 2013
12 ounce can thanks to cheap. Pours a clear golden color with a small white head after an initial foam party. A light honey and dirty malt nose. Somewhat drinkable flavor of super sweet dirty malts, some honey and sweet apples. Not terrible at all. Also not different than so many poorly made pale lagers. Wants to be 10% but alas it only has 5%. Watery.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
nike (950) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 27, 2011
I love cheapdark’s rating of this beer. Thanks to him I tried this “wonderful” stuff. OK, a little sarcasm. But, I always appreciate a beer on the house!!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
cheap (3975) - Beaver County, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 23, 2009
UPDATED: JUN 28, 2013 New rating: Just had a few of these 2013; not bad, much better than in 2009, quite an improvement, even drinkable! old rating 2009: 11112(DNT!) BLEAH! I am insulted by the name of this as a Pennsylvanian, I wish they would just quit calling stuff pennsylvanian. Really pisses me off. If you want to see how this tasted, see my ratings for jaguar or luckey number. Both from melanie and both exactly the same bottom of the barrel beer. Just plain RUDE. Gag reflex continuous. And don’t forget this is cheapie talking, I normally love cheap beers! I am sick of what melanie brewing is doing to the cheap beer image.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Cakes (360) - New Bloomfield, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 27, 2008
The worst beer that I have ever tasted is beyond a doubt, “Pennsylvania Style Ice” Why make something that tastes so nasty? I would describe the taste as ’’Sweet as a one hundred year old moldy bee hive’’. This beer could destroy your taste buds. The best thing that I can say about this beer is that it is a wonderful example of the direction beer was taking in the United States in the 1980’s before the craft brewers really arrived.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
DocLock (7743) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 27, 2008
I didn’t notice all that much difference between this and the PA Style lager. This one has perhaps a bit more body, but that really isn’t saying much. Very pale gold, grainy pale malt, mild hopcitrus, not much going on at all.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
243BeerDrinker (1) - Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 27, 2008 does not count
This is one of the worst beers I have ever drank. The initial taste is bad, and then the aftertase is even worse. The beer has a rich color, but the smell makes the beer less than desireable. This beer is worse than Old German, Jacob Best Ice, or even Koch’s Golden Anniversary Beer. I would not buy this beer ever again.