overall

RATINGS: 1221   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.12/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Bottle & can; Filtered.
Ingredients: Water; Barley Malt; Corn grits; Hop pellets; Hop extract.
The original Italian lager. Peroni is the number one lager brand in Italy and has been for over one and a half centuries. This premium, clear, golden-yellow lager, with 4.7 ABV, is the result of the dedication to brewing of generations of the most qualified braumeisters.
Brewed using the finest spring barley malts and hops, its taste is slightly bitter. A refreshing smooth lager, Peroni is suitable for all occasions.
10.65į

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
emotv (353) - Izmir, TURKEY - AUG 11, 2004
I drink this often in when i was in italy and doesnít know much abbouıt beer culture.But it was golden colour.Quite nice aroma.But bitterness after taste.Not so deep.Normal for lagers I guess.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
jimmack (1223) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - AUG 7, 2004
Yellow with a medium sized white head that quickly dissipated. Faint malt aroma. Thin, sweet lager with a bit of skunkiness. Not sure if this was intended or from the green bottle. Very little hop presence.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
hershiser2 (2066) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - AUG 7, 2004
Golden Lager + Import = Boredom. This beer is very run-of-the-mill, average, plain, and boring. Thereís nothing about this beer that yu havenít had if youíve had Heineken.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - AUG 6, 2004
Unfortunately, I have nothing clever to say, so I am pretty much going to copy my rating for Moretti...Mr. Peroni, I would like you to meet my friend Mr. Moretti...I think you two have a lot in common...maybe they shoulda calleda thisa beera Heinekena (me speaking with a cheesy Italian accent)

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
roder60 (1289) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 1, 2004
Pretty much reminded me of any other run of the mill European brew. Smooth sweet taste with a slightly bitter aftertaste. Better than American macros, but stil has a watery feel to it. It was, however, perfect for the context in which it was drank. I had it during a dinner with my girlfriend on a hot humid day at an italian restaurant where we were eating outside. I had a spicy pasta which it helped cool. Overall, I enjoyed the beer as much for the context as for the taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
davidCC (130) - New York, USA - AUG 1, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 11, 2004 The easiest description is bitter-sweet although the sweet taste hits you first and then the slightly bitter after taste. Iím not a fan of this sweet taste, but I could still drink it and enjoy it. And itís a lot more pricey than most beers. Ok upon further inspection this beer certaintly shouldn't be drank ice-cold. Take it out of the fridge and let it cool down a bit, and perhaps you will find a tasty treat.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
punkeedo (498) - Covington, Louisiana, USA - JUL 30, 2004
Hmm...I remember thinking, "Ick!" when I tried this beer on the streets of Rome. Even very chilled I didnít like it. Thin and watery with a soured hoppy flavor, it just didnít agree with me like St. Josefís or Strongbow. I actually remember my friends pouring some of this stuff out. Itís OK...but then, itís not that good. Reminds me of a lesser Spaten Premium Lager. It was cool to get it from a street vendor though. Extra points there.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
run20six2 (122) - USA - JUL 27, 2004
A decent tasting beer. Medium bodied with not too much after taste. A little sweet and satisfying. Had this on my 21st birthday.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Eyedrinkale (3213) - Astoria, New York, USA - JUL 26, 2004
bottle. Clear yellow color with smallish head. Light malty aroma with a bit of skunkiness. Nice with Italian food if youíre having only one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
RichardGretton (4640) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - JUL 25, 2004
Lightish lager with a yeast aroma and a sweetish dry flavour. Overall an average beer but good for an Italian effort.
Earlier Rating: 9/1/2003 Total Score: 2.8
Golden lager with a very bland airy aroma, and a malty/slightly dry flavour. A refreshing summer brew.