overall
Brewed at Hofbrauhaus Wolters

Style: Pilsener
Breda, Netherlands

RATINGS: 160   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.99   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Brewed by Oranjeboom, the Netherlands until 2004.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
HH (165) - Everett, Washington, USA - FEB 24, 2003
Picked up a 6 of cans at Trader Joe's for $3 something. Cheap enough. Fizzy,watery with a somewhat hoppy bitter finish. Didn't take long to kill all 6.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JAN 24, 2003
When am I going to learn to stop drinking green bottled beers, you would think I would know better by now. Bland, boring, boring, bitter, bleak, I could keep going. I have to agree with bluemeow76 about the lingering smell...whew! I mean it should get points just for that.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
amx1970390 (480) - Southampton, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 9, 2003
Poor, cheap, bland Pilsner, big head but still light carbonation. Pale yellow color. Not worth the effort.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - NOV 20, 2002
Oh my good Lord - I could smell the skunk across the room! I thought one of my cats had drug in a dead animal for crying out loud! I was able to get past the smell for a couple sips and it was as expected - bland and weak.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Dogbrick (9672) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - NOV 17, 2002
Unappealing thin gold color with a thin white head. Skunky nose (should go without saying - green bottle). Really no redeeming qualities to speak of. Weak and boring. I disliked this one as much as Oranjeboom’s other Pils and I am rating it as suck...I mean such.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - OCT 16, 2002
A bland white label greets the eye, followed by an equally bland beer. Not much saaz hops to speak of or crispness. A slightly sweet, lightly carbed brew. OK.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
beerguy101 (5338) - Newark, California, USA - SEP 28, 2002
Light gold color, medium head. A lighter tasting, mild flavored pilsner. Taste is smooth, light malts and hops. Mouthfeel is crisp. Nice balance. Finish is smooth and clean. Aftertaste is slightly bitter.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
KingPinHead (390) - Des Moines, Washington, USA - SEP 17, 2002
Hop/tang aroma characteristic of many of these Dutch export lagers. Color also the familiar yellow-gold with ample sudsy head and soapy lace. Hops are disappointingly weak compared to others of this type, and malt adds little flavor but some discernible body. There is a woody quality that IslandHaloe described as cedar...I think that is too generous...Plywood is closer to the mark...At least the effect is subtle. This is not a good representation of this style...hard to recommend even at its very affordable price.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
mixamatt (427) - San Francisco, California, USA - SEP 14, 2002
Not very hoppy for a pilsner. Typical mass produced Dutch lager. $3.99 bottled 6pck.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Andrew196 (1116) - Katy, Texas, USA - SEP 4, 2002
This stuff sucks. If a beer can be described by the following terms: piss clored, skunky, green bottle...it sucks....this beer has it all....it took so long for the head to dissipate that the skunk got to me so bad that I didnt even want to drink it.