Petes Wicked Pub Lager

overall

RATINGS: 40   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.91   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jtclockwork (8780) - , New Jersey, USA - MAY 11, 2010
I was too kind to this one. Too bad itís retired, or Iíd rerate it. Lager is peppery and lightly spiced with corianders. Nose is floral. Rated 11/15/2000

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cletus (6354) - Connecticut, USA - OCT 26, 2009
Old undated notes: A fizzy light beer that I like to drink when itís hot out. There isnít much to this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
ROGUE (2120) - Newark, Delaware, USA - FEB 5, 2009
12oz bottle, ESP lager. Poured a medium yellow gold color with a medium head. Aroma is grainy and sweet. Medium bodied, light tasting lager. Mild and smooth. Good malt and hop balance, with a very mild flavor. Finish is clean. Aftertaste is slightly malty.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cornfield (5521) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - JUN 5, 2006
Oh boy! A retired pale lager! Actually, itís not too bad. Advertized as a lawnmower beer, itís just that. Bready malts with a light herbal/floral hopping. Drinkable, but I wonít miss it in its retirement.

<font size=-4><a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Plainfield, IL<font size=-1>

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
oldrtybastrd (3222) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - JAN 2, 2006
Pours a deep golden yellow color. Aromas of citrus hops. Flavor of balanced hop taste with a medium body and a long dry hop aftertaste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
pjk33 (389) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 30, 2004
Bottle. I had this in a multi-pack back in 1999 or 2000 and loved it. I thought at the time that it was the best beer that I had ever tasted. Itís been a while, and I canít be sure if I was right, but I remember a nice hop and maltiness with an amber color. Canít recall the aroma, probably because I drank it too fast...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
changxao (104) - South Carolina, USA - DEC 16, 2003
This is something thats not offensive, but I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase any. Amber in color, not a whole lot of head, (which seems to be a trend with ole Pete). Decent flavor, but a little thin in body.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
haddon90 (1477) - Denver, Colorado, USA - OCT 15, 2003
Deep amber color with minimal head. Medium bodied lager with some maltiness to the aroma. A pretty light taste but overall not too bad of a beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - SEP 20, 2003
My bottle is actually the Pete's Extra Smooth Pub Lager. It's the best thing from Pete's I've had so far.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
jezmez68 (400) - Chesterton, Indiana, USA - JUL 1, 2003
Nice beer-beer. Better than having like a Miller Lite or a Bud. Good flavor. I liked it better when it was called ESP - Extra Special Pub Lager. Anyway, this is a good standard "beer" to have around if you have Bud or Bud Light drinking friends, but don't care to purchase Bud products. It's not offensive, but has a nice flavor.