Petes Wicked Red Rush

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 125   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.6   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
From the moment you pop the top, itís obvious Peteís Wicked Red Rush isnít an ordinary ale. "Engineered to deliver a heightened effervescence, our American Red Ale is WICKEDLY charged! Discover the RUSH... Get Wicked!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Diablokev (147) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - JUN 7, 2003
The aroma was very light, actualy I didnt pick up anything! The appearance was a very light amber, not even close to red! The flavor was bland maybe a slight hint of hops. The beer was smooth. Overall not all that great.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
muzzlehatch (4424) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - MAY 30, 2003
Ummm not as bad as I thought it would be? Is that a useful review? How 'bout, the place I bought it from in some crappy town in the center of Long Island (yes there are crappy places on Long Island) looked like the kind of place where a beer this "good" turns over maybe a case a month, tops. Strictly BMC land my friends; but my bro' wanted something ice-cold and we couldn't find any bars we were willing to go into & interact with skanky ho's and homeys & drink $5 Coronas all night. Sorry. Plus it was a trip with Mom so we had to cool it. Thus this caramelly pseudo-bock, yes that's what it tasted like to me which may be why my rating is as high as it is. Brown sugary over-sweet artificial flavor, maybe bit too much carbonation but I dunno it hit the spot at that moment. Unfortunately I have two left.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Ernest (6221) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - MAY 17, 2003
Head is initially small, frothy, off-white, mostly diminishing. Body is clear dark amber. Aroma is lightly malty (toasted bread), lightly hoppy (flowers, grapefruit). Flavor is moderately sweet, lightly acidic, lightly bitter. Finish is lightly sweet, lightly acidic, moderately bitter, slightly husky. Medium body, watery texture, lively carbonation, metallic. Poor aftertaste and metallic feel, somewhat weak and boring aroma beg the exclamation "next!"

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Aurelius (4178) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - MAY 9, 2003
Buiscuity malt aroma, with an odd vegetable thing going on in the background. Dry, brownbready flavor, a little brown sugar/molasses taste without the sweetness, mild hopping on the backend. An odd mouthfeel, like I had a mouthful of blanket or something. Palate was mostly dry, but a little creamy. Burger beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
SirHopsAlot (44) - Cockeysville, Maryland, USA - MAY 7, 2003
I did not like this beer at all. Huge head, but disappeared in a matter of seconds. No character at all.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
HighGravity (926) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - MAY 3, 2003
Should be renamed dead rush. This beer was lacking in every aspect. It tasted like killians. Over carbonated.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Ungstrup (29333) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - APR 12, 2003
A red beer with a fine but very fast disappearing head. The aroma is malty with notes of flowers and sweetness. The flavor is prickling, sweet with a flowery note and ending in a nice but not dominating bitterness turning a little dry after awhile. A fine beer - but not as great as I remembered it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
vector (163) - Dallas, Texas, USA - APR 4, 2003
Hrm, looks descent but tastes likes watered down Pete's Wicked Ale. Really mild flavored. Dissappointing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Aggie80 (785) - Michigan, USA - MAR 29, 2003
Not much of a red color. Weak head that didn't last and just a touch of lacing. A bit hoppier then I like. Nothing special about it and I'm glad I could buy it by the bottle and not by the six pack.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
hennes (934) - Fountain, Michigan, USA - MAR 28, 2003
Sweet, buttery, bubbly nonsense. Granted, I didn't drink the a whole galss - but I'm glad of that. Hey, has anyone else ever gone up to a strange girl in a bar and adked if she'd pour a splash of her brew into your glass, just for the sake of a rating? Best beer conversation I've had in months as a result; even though she was drinking this swill originally, we moved on to finer things.