Petes Wicked Red Rush

(RETIRED)
overall

RATINGS: 125   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.6   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
From the moment you pop the top, itís obvious Peteís Wicked Red Rush isnít an ordinary ale. "Engineered to deliver a heightened effervescence, our American Red Ale is WICKEDLY charged! Discover the RUSH... Get Wicked!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
grymy (105) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - SEP 13, 2002
not the best by petes

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
jpm8920 (152) - Park Ridge, New Jersey, USA - SEP 5, 2002
bad after taste

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
mjmurphy2 (85) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 29, 2002
An inconsistent beer, at first I was prepared to label it among the worst beers I have ever had - positively toxic, but sometimes its not too bad, so I decided to split the difference.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
GregL40 (97) - Massachusetts, USA - AUG 28, 2002
Flat aroma with basically zero head after ten seconds. Iíve yet to find a red ale that pleases my palate.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 12, 2002
Odd orange color. I say odd, both because Iíve never seen a beer this color before, and because this is supposed to be a red. Nice head, but it faded quickly. Malty taste, and the alcohol is very evident. Dry to the point I feel I need another beer just to re-wet my mouth.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
legion242 (2266) - Richardson, Texas, USA - JUL 30, 2002
Pale orange and red; Head was nice looking; Malt accents in the nose. Very mild. Hint at some burnt malt aceents.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
nstal (237) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 23, 2002
Being a big fan of red ales, I was a little dissapointed in ole Pete. Very carbonated and doesnít take many chances.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 18, 2002
Very carbonated - the bubbles never stop! malty, amber. like killianís but without the nasty aftertaste i always get with killians. overall - passable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - JUL 11, 2002
I really enjoyed this one. A nice sweet malty flavor and very smooth finish. I have been very impressed with the Petes Wicked line of beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Dogbrick (8650) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUL 10, 2002
Got this as part of a sampler pack. I am glad I didnít get 6ers of all of these because for the most part they have been barely above average (I do like the original). This was no exception. Copper colored (not very red at all actually) with a thin head. Mild malty nose. Somewhat bland flavor but easy to drink and mildly sweet throughout. So-so.