overall
Style: Sour/Wild Ale
Harelbeke, Belgium
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 1187   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62   EST. CALORIES: 219   ABV: 7.3%
Our Petrus Aged Pale is an undiluted old beer, only to be exported to the US.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
raindog (560) - Evansville, Indiana, USA - JAN 1, 2003
UPDATED: DEC 30, 2003 Clear,slightly hazy,golden liquid. Head is soapy but hangs around.Little lacework. Heavy sweet,sour,woody aromas.Mouthfeel is TART.Quite a bit of carbonation as well.Light for a 7%beer. Delicate sweet flavors are surrounded by sour and woody notes. Finish is acidic and dry. Slight hop noticable as well,in finish. This is probably the most distinct tasting beer I have ever tasted.My favorite "sour" beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
joet (2138) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - DEC 9, 2002
Wow, interesting. Sweet and sour light body. Some dank, dark farmhouse flavors. Heavy wood. Like a medium effervescent gueuze.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DaSilky1 (2606) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 23, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 22, 2003 swirling streams of bubbles racing to the snowy mountain top..a glistening pale lake sits below..chardonney showers in grape fields..pizza dough and sprinkles of salt...trapped in an oak cask this beer melds into its surroundings..tart lambic twang riding along..tart grape puckering finish..this is a very stimulating style of beer we have here..sour salty and sweet lingering grapey goodness from hell!!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Allseeingeye (223) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 13, 2002
Tropical nose. I had high expectations for this oak aged brew. So sour it gives me heart-burn every time, but there is something about this beer that makes me keep trying it. Reminds me of sour green apples.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
gbzia (195) - Cedar Knolls, New Jersey, USA - SEP 5, 2002
Great flavor... spices, oak?. I like sour beers and this one fits the bill! Not easy to find, but worth trying if you like this style.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
beerledgend (1197) - Waterloo, Wellington, NEW ZEALAND - JUN 15, 2002
Big head cloudy golden colour. Floar nose, fruity tatse almost tropical. unusal beer almost like a Lambic lager. Thaks to Gusler drinking this has set new standard.

dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAY 12, 2002
Gueuze/Lambic?? no, not even close, but good effort none the less,one of my favorite non-lambic soured Belgian beers.Cidery aroma,high carbonation,crisp,dry..may I have another please?

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BeerLimey (2154) - California, USA - APR 25, 2002
UPDATED: JUL 16, 2003 I remember MJ's notes calling this a love it or hate it beer and that certainly shows below. I thought it was outstanding. Wonderful orange/lemon and ginger in the nose and on the palate, while the sourness in the finish is extremely refreshing. A little musty and perfumey in the aroma while I also get some nutmeg spice in the taste. Predomainantly sweet, could even verge on syrupy, but the dryness in the finish strikes a great balance. I received this as a trial offer, maybe I;ll join the great Belgian beer club.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
michael-pollack (4960) - King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 14, 2002
Maybe I had a bad bottle, but this was terrible. So sour I would have rather been biting on a lemon. Could not even drink half of it. For a much better Flanders Red, get your hands on the New Glarus Belgian Red.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - APR 9, 2002
Excellent. Tastes almost like a gueuze or lambic beer. Very vinous and sour, with a coppery aftertaste. Very nice creamy head on this too.