overall
Style: Sour/Wild Ale
Harelbeke, Belgium
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 1185   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62   EST. CALORIES: 219   ABV: 7.3%
Our Petrus Aged Pale is an undiluted old beer, only to be exported to the US.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MikeF (538) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - DEC 31, 2005
slightly opaque golden color with a medium off white head. Sour, yeasty aroma with some alcohol creeping in. Flavor is sour throughout, but only moderately so. finish is dry and somewhat bitter. seems to be a more mild example of a flemish sour ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BuckeyeSammy (537) - Palo Alto, Ohio, USA - DEC 24, 2013
Nice sharp carbonation. Lots of funk, up front and dominating my palate. Lemon. Bret.

graham515 (536) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAR 21, 2011
Pours gold into the glass with a white head. Aroma is musty and reflects the tartness to come. Flavor is intense sourness that dries out the tongue and makes you want another sip. Great beer

gschrade (534) - Collinsville, USA - MAY 18, 2013
I had this at Global Brew. It has a sour taste which I love. This is really good. I would definitely drink this again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
gringo332 (531) - Richardson, Texas, USA - DEC 15, 2012
Bottle. Vinegar and wine aroma. Crystal clear golden body with thin, quickly dissipating head. Flavor begins sour with funky notes. Subtle hints of grape and wheat. An even strong sour finish with hints of fruit.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Crash (531) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - MAY 3, 2010
SHOCKING! The smell wasnít what I expected but, that was nothing compared to the taste. I was so shocked by the taste. I wasnít the one that poured it and I was doing something else when I tasted it. It completely woke me up! My wife kept asking if this was really a beer. I would say that this is a perfect beer for anyone that says they donít like beer and they have only tried Bud and Miller.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
crzybob77 (530) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - NOV 16, 2006
I generally donít like these super sour fruity beers, but this one is more bearable. The sourness doesnt overwhelm as much as others do. While I canít say I am crazy about it, I donít mind drinking it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
flutetokill (523) - Fresno, California, USA - MAY 15, 2004
Clear orangish yellow color with a white head. Sweet and sour guezue, white grape juice, and lemon aroma. Sour lemon, vinegar, and sweet grape flavors. crisp feel with a semi-dry finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Floback (523) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - MAY 18, 2011
Bottle from Knightly Spirits. Pours a murky golden/orange with a centimeter of head that recedes within a minute. Sour vinegar aroma. Tart mouthfeel, more sourness in the body. Soy sauce, citrus, lemon, vinegar, candy Thin/medium carbonation and medium/full body. A tad too cloying for my taste, but I could drink this in small quantities.

KornDogg (523) - Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 19, 2012