Piece Dark n Curvy
     click to upload
overall
Serve in Stein, Weizen

RATINGS: 88   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
A dunkel version of our traditional Bavarian Hefe-Weizen

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Rastacouere (6126) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - OCT 8, 2008
Objectively speaking: Spectacularly well-constructed brewpub dunkelweizen, though not approaching the greatness of their Hefe.
I like: Not all that pretty dark brown. Strongly estery nose loaded with banana purée, but also grainy toast, woodsy grapes, earth cherries. Quite fruity in the genre and not as roasty as I would have thought, more dust than actual roast flavours from the creative yeast strain. Full-bodied.
I dislike: Feels less clean than the regular hefe, more powdery, more wet, dustier. Almost too carbonated, biting. The head departs far quicklier than the hefe’s.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Aurelius (4115) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - SEP 30, 2008
Served in a formidable tulip pilsener. Big rocky camel head on a ruddy brown beer. Sweet, dusty, fruity malt aroma. Wow. A fermented fruit explosion - bananas, plums. Medium bittering. A little chocolaty in the finish. Medium body, amply carbonated. Really, really well done.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
GeneralGao (3614) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - AUG 6, 2008
Draft at the brewpub. How could I pass up a beer with this name? Poured a cloudy brown color with a light tan head which reduced to a thin film afer a minute or two. The aroma was banana greater than clove with a dash of brown sugar. Medium bodied and delicately sweet. I tasted banana, subdued tobacco, brown sugar, and lightly smoked soft cheese. Nice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
chicagodri (1683) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 1, 2008
How I forgot to rate this earlier, I don’t know. Pours a dark brown with an off white head. Nice aroma of banana and clove. The much better half of light and curvy. This beer packs a lot more flavor. Nice caramel, malt, banana, and clove flavor. Very solid, give it a try.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
pantanap (3353) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 26, 2008
tap at piece.... dark caramel brown pour with a soapy slightly off-white head.... aroma of dark fruits and a heap load of bananas as well as some wheat.... flavors of sweet bready malt and bananas. good flavors with a lively and medium full mouthfeel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jbean (110) - Illinois, USA - MAR 12, 2008
Tap at brewpub. Beautiful hazy brown color and head. Aroma and flavor are bready and wheaty, with banana, and some clove. Delicious.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
fiulijn (14380) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 5, 2007
Draught at the brewpub
Muddy light amber color. Nice banana aroma. Medium body, some malt flavor, light spices and some banana. Balanced and good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
WickerBrew (311) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 24, 2007
I always say that I am not a wheat beer fan, but every now and then I give in to one and find myself happy. This beer made me happy. It looks great in that hefe glass, with the light head that sticks around and swirls as you tip the glass back. Very smooth, anyone can enjoy this, I even had a couple.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
dball1869 (16) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - OCT 18, 2007
tasted at the brewpub with a garlicky pizza. fluffy in your mouth with tons of banana scent. good, subdued wheat flavor. a phenolic masterpiece.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
nhorween (645) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 8, 2007
Tap. Not for me. Tastes like banana runts and malt dissolved in club soda. I guess I can see that it’s tasty. Looks nice though.