Piece Moose Knuckle Barley Wine
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 45   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.59   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
An American Styled Barley Wine. 60-70 IBU's.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
JoePeesie (853) - Long Lake, Illinois, USA - MAR 29, 2012
Pours a deep amber brown with a touch of cream head. Nose and taste a dry and malty at the front tart and sweet at the finish. Not hot at all which is a bit surprising. Great beer wish I could snag a growler w/o getting killed by the wifey!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
nhorween (645) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 14, 2009
Cask at Day of the Living Ales. One of the highlights of the event. Chocolatey and rich. Creamy with notes of vanilla and bourbon. This beer took really well to the cask. Hoppy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
WickerBrew (311) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 10, 2008
I was pretty impressed with this, lots of flavor and a nice thickness without being too syrupy. Could drink alot of this, its almost sucks that the ABV is so high, you gotta take them slow. It even looked good, dark orange in a snifter. Makes me sad that we are going to start seeing a bunch of lame spring and summer seasonals.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Davinci (295) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 29, 2008
On tap at brewpub’s release party. Nose is nice balance of malts and citrus hops, some raisin. Flavor is raisiny sweet with some citrus bitterness. Sllight peppery alcohol note is barely perceptable. Slightly vegetal from fresh hops I suspect. Palate is slightly syrupy, though pleasantly so. Finishes with a slight pleasant hop bitterness. nicely done.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Driftwood6 (214) - USA - MAR 4, 2008
On tap at brewpub. I don’t know-- drinking this all I kept thinking about was how good that Behemoth tasted on tap at 3F the previous weekend. I guess my point is-- this barley is very decent, but nothing unique or outstanding. I guess it hides the alcohol ok, but flavor could use a little more kick.