overall
Brewed by Backus y Johnston (SABMiller)
Style: Pale Lager
Lima, Peru

RATINGS: 120   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.19   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Filtered
Originally brewed by Compañia Nacional de Cerveza which was taken over by Backus and Johnston Brewery in 1994.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
PorterPounder (5339) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - MAY 20, 2003
Very decent South American beer. Very refreshing on a hot spring night. Bit of a sweet aroma - light golden appearance. Head is thin and white and quickly dissipating - not much lacing. Flavor has a bit of a biscuity flavor to it with an underlying sweetness. I see that it is considered a Helles - that explains it - too much body for a pilsener. All in all, a refreshing beer and beats most South American beers hands down.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
bdub (1) - USA - MAY 14, 2003 does not count
Not to light, not too dark. Love the flavor. Don't drink it that much, which is why I wont get sick of it. Being the first rating i've made here, i'm not sure what else to say. if you haven't tried it...try it

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Linc (737) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - FEB 9, 2003
I can't say that this beer lit my fire, however I can say that compared to other South Am. swill this stuff goes down really easily. The usual oily sweetness is not there, in fact it was quite crisp despite being un-refrigerated. Slightly sweet, not overflowing with flavour but perhaps that's a good thing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
jazz88 (2542) - San Francisco, California, USA - DEC 20, 2002
Bottle. I love the fact that my local burrito shop down the street carries odd beers like this. A light golden color with a white head. The aroma is pretty soft. The flavor is a little sweet and dry (cardboard).

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
seuinoz (142) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 10, 2002
light gold in color. not too thrilling in taste. sits good on the palate. a ok beer i would try it again if i can remember where i got it

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Bov (9245) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - JUL 27, 2002
golden colour, few head, hoppy with notes of peanuts, medium-bodied, some character, sweet and oily, herbal notes in the finish, well-balanced - very drinkable for a south-american lager

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
kmeves (1098) - Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 10, 2002
Very little carbonation (no head), blond/clear color, very clean tasting, dry aftertaste. Not a bad beer!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
carlitos99 (184) - The Big Apple, USA - JAN 23, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 17, 2005 good clean pils with a nice malt taste.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
omhper (19187) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - JAN 5, 2002
Pale golden. Softly malty, clean. Hint of grass. Low bitterness. Well made lager.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Oakes (12167) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 10, 2001
For a macrobrewed lager this has a lot of malt character. It has a soft palate and light spiciness. I would class this as a Dortmunder, myself. Last winter I decided to check out this taquiera in Koreatown I’d heard about, Tacos El Asador. I found this beer there, which is the first time in years I’ve accidentally discovered a new beer in Canada. Combined with the fantastic and dirt cheap food, this helped make El Asador one of my favourite restaurants. In fact, I think I’ll go there for lunch today.