Brewed by Backus y Johnston (SABMiller)
Style: Pale Lager
Lima, Peru

RATINGS: 128   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.18/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Originally brewed by CompaŮia Nacional de Cerveza which was taken over by Backus and Johnston Brewery in 1994.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
DrnkMcDermott (2934) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - JUL 21, 2006
UPDATED: AUG 18, 2009 12 oz. bottle from Samís Wines, Downers Grove. Despite my feeling about the Heinie-wannabes of countries without beer traditions, Iíll try íem anyway, just to pop the cap on a new land. Now listing this as a Dortmunder means I could hold this to a higher standard than the usual pale lagerÖ Somewhat hoppy smell at first, but then a bit of corn sugar. Head rises short, then dwindles quickly. Usual pale yellow color. I thinkthereís a bit of Dortmunder character, but perhaps itís just because Iím looking for it there. Taste is relatively clean, a slight touch of pilsner malt. But again, accompanied by corn adjunct. Specific bitterness hard to find. I didnít expect much, and thatís what I got.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
da845 (139) - new york, New York, USA - JUL 21, 2006
had this beer at a peruvian restaraunt. its a light beer, easy to drink but really nothing at all special.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
nick76 (4322) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JUN 22, 2006
The aroma is light but I do detect a cereal type of malt and a hint of herbal hops that are not unlike mint. The appearance is pale gold with a small head. The flavor is light also but itís not offensive. Basically its just malt with a tiny bit of bitterness in the finish. The palate is thin. Even though it didnít knock my socks off, itís better than I was expecting.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
jrohn92 (105) - USA - JUN 11, 2006
This was an interesting light lager. It was different but it was not excellent. I guess it was ok.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Zoso137 (52) - Springfield, Missouri, USA - APR 3, 2006
this brew made me feel like i had a 5 dollar bill in my pocket, but it was the wrong pocket

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Braudog (6070) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - MAR 9, 2006
From the bottle, yellow and active with an initially big pile of foam that quickly died on me. Thereís a nice lemony aroma, but the flavor is strictly starchy and weak. Unimpressed.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
GreatLibations (1854) - Last Supper, Arizona, USA - MAR 8, 2006
Pale gold in color with a yeasty steel aroma. like it came out of a can. I am drinking the bottle version by the way. Possesses the typical profile for itís genre yet not reaching the title of "Top in itís class" by any means. The finish is chalky and bitter. I think Iíll have a Coors please.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - JAN 20, 2006
Strong aroma and taste of what I think is corn. Really fizzy with a mild crispness. Itís a typical "international lager" clone - they all taste pretty much the same and every third world countryís got at least one (or several). I canít say Iím disappointed as I wasnít expecting much.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
jhliesen (786) - West Melbourne, Florida, USA - JAN 15, 2006
Bottle--Suprising sweet taste in comparisions to what I though was another pilsner. A slight aroma of mostly corn. The color was a bright yellow with small carbonated head that remained through the drink. Better than I expected, it was perfect with a pork steak mojito.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
heemer77 (5211) - Urbandale, Iowa, USA - JAN 8, 2006
UPDATED: FEB 28, 2007 Light gold body with a white head. The aroma is very light with some potatoes and dog hair. The taste has a very sweet sense of carrots along with sweet potatoes. There is also corn. One of the sweetest I have had in the style.