overall
Brewed by Plzensky Prazdroj (SABMiller)
Style: Czech Pilsner (Světlý)
Plzen, Czech Republic

RATINGS: 3262   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
It is called the "model of meter" among beers. All other pilsners are a better or worse attempt to copy the original - the first ever Pilsner Urquell. Its unparalleled exceptionality is guaranteed by the same recipe dating from 1842.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
OldJack99 (114) - USA - JAN 13, 2003
had a general lager/pilsner flavor, maybe a little flavorful than a normal lager, but had a skunky finish that I could not forgive. Would drink again but never buy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
nigos (631) - Ipswich, Suffolk, ENGLAND - JAN 12, 2003
Certainly one of the best pilsners I have tasted

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Crit (3369) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 11, 2003
Tap: Golden color with white head.Light herbal hop nose.Light malt flavor with notes of (apple?) and a dry finish

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
joemacaluso (119) - Prairieville, Louisiana, USA - JAN 10, 2003
The best pilsner I have had to this point. Very refreshing in the summer, good clean bitterness at the end, but not like many German pilsner. Much better balance. A fine beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Irish799899 (24) - Toruń, POLAND - JAN 9, 2003
Good decent beer... One of the better ones I have had lately.. Taste and Flavour is well represented here.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Vac (2445) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 6, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 11, 2004 Clear Golden color with a medium head. Slightly sweet and malty aroma with a nice hoppy bitterness. SLightly sweet and slihglty bitter with a nice balance of malt and hops. Light bodied, crisp and smooth.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
MikeF (538) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - JAN 4, 2003
A nice clean pilser. I tried this in a somewhat smoke filled bar, so I’ll have to rerate once I try it again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
NDmullet (208) - South Bend, Indiana, USA - JAN 4, 2003
I finally got to try this on tap in Atlanta; I’ve been scared away by the green bottles and horror stories of skunky filth. Anyway, I found it to have a bright Saaz aroma, clean malt bite, and an appetizing hoppy bitterness. Not quite life changing, but it lived up to my expectations and maybe even to its reputation.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
nobackwash (10) - Miami, Florida, USA - JAN 3, 2003
This one did not impress me.I found it to be quite bitter and have a strong after taste. Although I’d drink it again, it won’t be my first choice.

DOdubble (92) - UVA, Virginia, USA - JAN 1, 2003
I decided to try this on New Year’s Eve b/c it was on sale. Tasted good, and chased Jager shots very well.