overall
Brewed by Plzensky Prazdroj (SABMiller)
Style: Czech Pilsner (Světlý)
Plzen, Czech Republic

RATINGS: 3282   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
It is called the "model of meter" among beers. All other pilsners are a better or worse attempt to copy the original - the first ever Pilsner Urquell. Its unparalleled exceptionality is guaranteed by the same recipe dating from 1842.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
SimonPatrice (312) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - OCT 29, 2002
For this one, I had to compare the bottled version with the can. The first time I had this beer was in a bottle and it was totally skunked. Fortunately my last bottle wasn’t so here it goes. Both the bottle and can had a golden color with a quick falling head. They had a sweet fresh cereal aroma but the can was a bit fruitier with a touch of honey. The bottle didn’t taste really good. It was honeyish, a bit thin with notes of wet grass and a metallic bitter finish. The can was a lot rounder and fuller with a crisp flavor, a tad of honey and a well balanced bitterness.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Racegoer (353) - Indiana, Indiana, USA - OCT 26, 2002
Nice golden color. well Pils is not my fav style.Fresh & light. crisp,creamy, a Pils by any other name is still a Pils, decent choice, nothing more.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
aestivum99 (2) - Bangor, WALES - OCT 25, 2002 does not count
Absolutely the leader in its field. Beautiful balance of Saaz hops and powerfully aromatic barley malt. The only better Pilsener you’ll ever get is the unpasteurised version from the brewery itself. Go there; it’s worth it!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Void42599 (5) - USA - OCT 22, 2002 does not count
Smell is a strong, but a bit on the pungent side. Flavor is smooth but it leaves a bit of a tang on the palate. It looks pretty plane. Overall it is definatly not worth the price.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
SlamminScott (40) - USA - OCT 21, 2002
A little bitter finish, but a good tasting pilsner. Didn’t really leave me longing for more though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Kevbo99 (149) - Dunmore, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 21, 2002
THIS BEER IS A GREAT PILSNER BUT ITS DEFINTITLEY NOT SOMETHING I WOULD TRY AGAIN. IM NOT A HUGE FAN OF PILSENERS. VERY HOPPY.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
johninmelb (1126) - Bristol, Gloucestershire, ENGLAND - OCT 21, 2002
Nice sweet, malty aroma and nicely bitter, but nothing special to my taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Allseeingeye (223) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 20, 2002
The original. Enough said.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
MOboy (505) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - OCT 15, 2002
Man, mybe it was a bad bottle (there was plenty of dust build up on it), but I thought this was totally disgusting. I’ll try again when my gag reflex chills out. Re-rate 1/8/02: My previous rating had been made after I sampled an old, bottom of shelf, dusty ass bottle. After sampling some on tap, my opinion has done a complete 180. This is one of the sweetest, most satiating lagers I have ever had the pleasure of putting in my belly. I can taste a very honey like flavor and the clarity is surpassed by none. A wonderful beer to drink shitloads of and not be too hammered to enjoy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
eczematic (1320) - Adelaide, AUSTRALIA - OCT 14, 2002
Just when I thought this beer had lost all its flavour, I went to the brewery and tasted it - and it was 5 times as good as out of the bottle. hugely malty, buttery, and of course, amazingly bitter and floral from the fresh hops... woah. went down extremely well with goulash and dumplings at 11am, and there’s not many beers I could say that about.