Brewed by Plzensky Prazdroj (SABMiller)
Style: Czech Pilsner (Světlý)
Plzen, Czech Republic

RATINGS: 3751   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
It is called the "model of meter" among beers. All other pilsners are a better or worse attempt to copy the original - the first ever Pilsner Urquell. Its unparalleled exceptionality is guaranteed by the same recipe dating from 1842.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MullMan (1099) - New York, USA - OCT 2, 2004
on tap and served in a 20oz PU glass from the PU promo girl! yellow gold color, white head. floral and honeyish aroma. sweet and hoppy flavor. enjoyable, unoffensive.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Cornfield (5570) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - OCT 2, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 18, 2005 My friend Ron calls the best beer ever made. I think he’s listened to too many radio commercials. Certainly it’s a fine pils, but the not the best. Good crisp drink, with a light gold color, thin white head, and tight carbonation. Mild malty, doughy aroma. Nice malt & hop balance, but not a very strong flavor. Clean finish. It’s just "okay," Ron.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
NobleSquirrel (3438) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 25, 2004
This one caught me somewhat off guard, as I typically am not a pilsner/lager fan. However, on tap at least, this was very tasty and interesting. Smelled and tasted of breads and yeasts, with some pepper in the mix and a buttery taste. Nice, clean tasting finish. A good one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
SDalkoholic (2359) - Linda Vista, California, USA - SEP 23, 2004
Second time purchasing this. I always see it at the local bodegas so i picked it up again to rate it. Dank smelling aroma. Head is very small and same with the oxygen bubbles. I noticed a sweetness along side being biter but none the less very solid. This pilsner has a unique style of its own and should remain an example.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
apost8n8 (123) - USA - SEP 22, 2004
Draft at Mellow Mushroom Pizza in Mobile, AL I was very impressed immediately with the complex and pleasant aroma and the orange/ deep golden appearance of this pilsner. Very little white head and no lacing. Nicely bitter and an enjoyable aftertaste. My first won’t be my last.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
seeknay36 (110) - DC, New York, USA - SEP 20, 2004
Lives up to its reputation. A great pilsner from start to finish. Although the green bottle, I have never had a skunked Pilsner. Whether tap or bottle, it is surely to please the palate with the balance of malt and hops. And is nice on a hot summer day.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Belly Full O Beer (57) - Nova Scotia, CANADA - SEP 18, 2004
The first is still good. Light golden colour, with no real head. Crisp clean finish. Tastes like what other beers wish they were.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Marko (4969) - Split / Zagreb, CROATIA - SEP 18, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 14, 2005 My old review wasn’t that informative, so I decided to update it. I still stand by my rating of the beer. 0.5l green bottle. It’s not a fresh sample, but it sure wasn’t skunky. Poured a deep golden colour, with a big fluffy white head that went completely away rather fast. I didn’t notice much lacing. The nose was faint (the beer was cold, so it figures), but it was malty, honeyish. The taste was nice, with a nice hoppy foreground and a subtle and pleasant malty and lemoney background. Good hoppy aftertaste. Flawless, but far from flashy.

Original review:
The source of all pilseners is definitely an above average pilsener, with a pleasant and balanced taste. And it’s pretty refreshing too.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
MarkBarnes (407) - Waterville, New York, USA - SEP 15, 2004
I don’t often buy Pilsners, but tried this upon recommendation of a friend. Have to say I was very impressed. For some reason or another, this beer reminded me of the ubiquitous St. Pauli Girl, only much better. A great, refreshing session beer that I’ll be buying again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ohknaks (44) - USA - SEP 13, 2004
12oz bottle: Believe it or not, I bought this beer because I saw a review on tv (thirsty traveller for those that know the show). A very balanced flavor, with a bit of hops for an aftertaste. All in all, a very good beer. I will definately be buying this one again.