overall
Brewed by Plzensky Prazdroj (SABMiller)
Style: Czech Pilsner (Světlý)
Plzen, Czech Republic

RATINGS: 3410   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
It is called the "model of meter" among beers. All other pilsners are a better or worse attempt to copy the original - the first ever Pilsner Urquell. Its unparalleled exceptionality is guaranteed by the same recipe dating from 1842.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Periander (50) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - FEB 27, 2007
How ironic that this complex, flavorful, well-hopped brew should have inspired so much watery fizz.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
tkhans (50) - Bangor, Wisconsin, USA - APR 24, 2007
This not too skunky bottle of suds (I hope something was wrong with this batch, I don’t remember it being this skunky) has a better taste than some pilsners but its not very good in this here glass.

Pedrojcai (50) - Cádiz, SPAIN - JAN 6, 2010
Why I have to rate and explain this kind of original beer. Only enjoy with this taste that let to drink a lot with no one change. Salud!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
frybeer (50) - Ontario, CANADA - APR 12, 2012
This is the pilsner I copare all other Pilsners to. Easy drinking, nice mix of sweetness from fruit and bitterness left on the tongue. One of my favourite "everyday" beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
dragosani (49) - SPAIN - JUL 26, 2014
Botella 33cl. De color dorado y con buena espuma. Muy buena compensación de sabores, con predominio de la malta y toques ligeros a madera que quedan muy compensados. Una muy buena pilsen que me ha sorprendido gratamente.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
g2bfry (49) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 6, 2008
Golden see-through yellow with a low white head leaving light lace behind. Slight hop aroma combined with malts leaves a pepperoni like aroma in the nose. Medium body with a spicy, meaty, sun-dried tomatoe flavor and dry malty spice to the finish. Nice pilsner. 500ml bottle purchased in NRW Germany.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Bierlieber (49) - Evanston, Illinois, USA - DEC 20, 2002
aroma is a bit off at first. head retention poor. i prefer the hoppier german interpretations of the style better. with that said, the overall flavor grew on me and the soft malt finish kept me gulping more. not bad overall and priced well at this time- $5.99 per six and $10.99 per 12 at Osco.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
lovelacm (48) - Niceville, Florida, USA - DEC 8, 2005
On tap at Robb’s Ribbs in Albuquerque, NM - Quite small white head with a light-yellow body. Not much aroma... Dry and bitter, but refreshing. No Skunk in this glass! Went well with my ribs and other BBQ / sides. Cheers!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Kosovar (48) - repentigny, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 24, 2006
Aussi légendaire qu’elle puisse m’apparaitre, le party bucal n’est point au rendez-vous. Sa vigueur et sa jeunesse au gout surprend et donne l’envie de boire une autre gorgé. L’essayer c’est l’adopter!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Beerio (48) - USA - OCT 7, 2007
Ok...let me start by saying I bought a 4-pack of 16oz cans at a local liquor store...I had never seen this beer in cans before. There exists a charming appeal when a decent beer is placed in a can that I cannot really explain...I am not sure if my dick was playing tricks on me, but it tasted supernaturally good, ice cold, in the can...much better than the omnipresent bottles...My advice, order the cans from the local package store and shove the bottles into your wife’s cunt.