Brewed by Plzensky Prazdroj (SABMiller)
Style: Czech Pilsner (Světlý)
Plzen, Czech Republic

RATINGS: 3551   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26/5   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
It is called the "model of meter" among beers. All other pilsners are a better or worse attempt to copy the original - the first ever Pilsner Urquell. Its unparalleled exceptionality is guaranteed by the same recipe dating from 1842.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jennythenipper (74) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - APR 3, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 10, 2003 I have not noticed consistency problems in the bottles. I have drunk many, many of bottles of it too. For the past two years it's been really cheap for some reason at my neighborhood liquor store. It's nice on tap too, although i've never had it at the source. My hands down favorite campfire beer, especially since they stopped putting the foil so far up the neck of the bottle.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ryananderson (74) - Ontario, CANADA - JUL 31, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 18, 2005 660ml bottle. Mild hoppy, yeasty aroma. Average size white head which didn’t last too long. Clear yellow/golden colour. Moderate bitterness, slightly acidic flavour with a surprisingly long bitter and slightly dry finish. A historically important beer, just not one of my favourite styles.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
progressive (74) - Vantaa, FINLAND - MAY 13, 2010
Too ingratiatingly sweet for me and some odd aromas because of that, but overall nicely light to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
nathanvc (73) - Brugge, BELGIUM - MAY 11, 2014
It has an aroma of sweet malts and biscuit, turns into grassy hops. It appears with a short white head and pretty golden colour. The taste is sweet and a German-like bitter finish. It is also full in the mouth despite the low alcohol level, nice carbonation. A very good pils.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
benclarkiii (73) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - FEB 16, 2007
Nothing fancy, but I have to say - it’s one fo my favorites. When I am looking for a pilsner (I drink a lot of them) this is an easy choice because of its availability and overall good taste. Planning a trip to Prague for my 10th anniversary in 2008 and I can’t wait to try the ’real’ thing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
khytre (73) - Oslo, NORWAY - JUL 8, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 12, 2007 0,33 bottle. Mustard yellow, greasy head. smell of grass, bitter start, broad fruity taste, soft palate, if all lagers had made it this far... :)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
aletales (73) - , Oklahoma, USA - FEB 15, 2009
Pilsner Urquel poured clear and gold with little head. It’s aroma is of malt and floral hops. It had a great presence on the palate with nice contest between the malts and hops with the hops winning out in the end. Refreshing and very drinkable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
kalisto9 (73) - Crafton, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 18, 2003
A pretty good pilsner, though not my overall favorite. Still, you can do worse. Although I have to say the few times I have had it, it seemed to taste a bit different on the bitterness balance each time around, so you need to be a bit wary of this one.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
hefevice (72) - Brisbane beer desert, AUSTRALIA - MAR 26, 2005
Bottle with 7 months to go until use by date. Poured clear light gold with a small head which disipated very quickly despite giving the pour plenty of air. Suspect I have smelt my first skunk (we don’t have any of that particular animal over here in Australia, other than in some of our beers) - first aroma was unpleasant to say the least. Picked up a little grass under the skunk aroma, but not much else. Felt somewhat watery in the mouth, and the taste was dominated by astringent bitterness. Either I got a particularly badly light affected bottle, or I do not like the Pilsner style. Will be definitely seeking out some pilsners on tap to make sure it is not the latter.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
alcamp99 (72) - McKinney, Texas, USA - MAY 31, 2006
A little skunky. "Rich man’s Heineken" perhaps? Finish is slightly bitter, easy drinking though.