overall
Brewed by Plzensky Prazdroj (SABMiller)
Style: Czech Pilsner (Světlý)
Plzen, Czech Republic

RATINGS: 3279   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
It is called the "model of meter" among beers. All other pilsners are a better or worse attempt to copy the original - the first ever Pilsner Urquell. Its unparalleled exceptionality is guaranteed by the same recipe dating from 1842.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Brewster (29) - Ontario, CANADA - JAN 1, 2003

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Chugalug (29) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - APR 28, 2005
A very fine pils in my opinion, from the style’s home. Nicely hopped, and well-carbonated. My favorite international of this style.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Dynamind69 (29) - San Miguel, California, USA - MAR 6, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 17, 2007 The orginal Pilsner need I say more,it is excellent,a perfect blend of hops,with a floral nose,very refreshing and effervescencent.The Father of Budweiser ,Coors, Miller and countless others.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
joesvendsen (29) - USA - MAR 27, 2007
Bottle. Nice and clear with a big head that doesn’t last long. I’m not a fan of pilsner in general, but I thought that this beer was very good. I find the after-taste a bit strong for my ale-indulged palate, but I think it tasted great with my heavier flavored burger.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
torturer666 (29) - Commerce, Michigan, USA - MAY 8, 2007
A very refreshing beer that goes down easily. Great appearence, satisfying head, generous tast; unique, unto itself. I enjoyed this, though it is slightly overrated.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
sajuuk (28) - AUSTRALIA - OCT 5, 2012
This beer pours as a clear, gold to light amber liquid with lots of bubbles and a minimal bubbly head. The aroma is of roasted hops and a bit of herbs, maybe grass. It smells like a Pilsner. The taste is strongly bitter with a long, mildly bitter aftertaste. I would call this a light bodied beer. It has a slick texture and is very effervescent in a way that reminds me of soda water. Overall this is a nice bubbly pilsner with the expected bitterness. I enjoyed this beer and would definitely drink it again even though pilsner isn’t my favorite beer type.

Floorkill (28) - Kolding, DENMARK - MAR 2, 2014
En dejlig pilsner til en god anledning. Tottenham Hotspur versus Cardiff City. Come On You Spurs! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Pringles68 (28) - Audubon, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 26, 2005
so this is the Pilsner that started all pilsners... crisp and clean but tastes like liquified toast and has a gag tickle from where the toast is burnt... guess I’m not much for pilsners.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Variety (28) - BELGIUM - FEB 26, 2004
(draught) Compared to the bottled version, draught is a livelier, more mellow (maltier?) drink. The hops are much further back in the mix, but with the same clarity of overall taste. A reminder of what a pleasant, easy-to-drink beer should be. As they say themselves, a benchmark.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
dirt (28) - Vancouver / Whistler, CANADA - DEC 9, 2001
Too long ago to remember much about this beer. I do remember that it is good.