overall
Brewed by Plzensky Prazdroj (SABMiller)
Style: Czech Pilsner (Světlý)
Plzen, Czech Republic

RATINGS: 3109   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26   EST. CALORIES: 132   ABV: 4.4%
It is called the "model of meter" among beers. All other pilsners are a better or worse attempt to copy the original - the first ever Pilsner Urquell. Its unparalleled exceptionality is guaranteed by the same recipe dating from 1842.

holandan (1) - - JUN 15, 2012 does not count
The best beer of the world. I drink this beer everywhere, where I found it. The last in the Gran Canaria.

DESIRE4BEER (8) - Keele University accomodation, Staffordshire, ENGLAND - DEC 2, 2013 does not count
despite being mass produced and only 4.4% I can’t fault it. One of the best beers available widely

AserHapi (2) - Ontario, CANADA - JUN 28, 2011 does not count
This really is the perfect pilsener. Many of my North American friends do not like its full body taste however.

mirogster (5) - NETHERLANDS - MAY 18, 2013 does not count
This comes from one not in love in that style. Best Pilsner ever. This is truly Bohemian Preciousssss. Sevre model. Constant quality by ages! All the other bastardized eurolagers can suck his %@&##. A: best pilsner ever. App: best pilsner ever. T&M: best pilsner ever. O: best pilsner ever !!!!

filipforslund (2) - SWEDEN - DEC 21, 2011 does not count
First golden lager ever and still the best beer there is. Color is golden, smell is creamy and you can smell the hops. The taste is quenching with a good bitterness which makes you want to have another sip of the beer. This is quality!

pirx (2) - - JUL 17, 2012 does not count
Az egyetlen lúgos kémhatású sör. Akármennyit megihatsz bel?le. Mindem pilsner atyja... mit mondjak még, nekem a kedvencem.

Karol (506) - SLOVAK REPUBLIC - OCT 11, 2013
UPDATED: OCT 12, 2013 Tapped at Kolkovna at the Eurovea shopping center in Bratislava. This is the best place to enojy this masterpiece in Bratislava/Slovakia. The Pilsner Urquell here is phenomenal! Fresh, spicy, malty, hoppy. The quality here equals the quality in Pilsen in the brewery. I know because I was in Pilsen not long ago so I can compare. I have been enjoying this masterpiece for many many years and hence it gets the maximum rating from me. It’s a masterpiece!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
radek6999 (12) - philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 9, 2001
Unbeatable!!!!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Worldly99 (3) - Garland, Texas, USA - NOV 5, 2001 does not count
Best beer in the world. Don’t drink it from the bottle, pour it into a Pilsner glass and just sit and enjoy that aroma, your first sip should make your eyes roll back into your head from pleasure. I’ve lived and traveled to quite a few places on earth and have to say I’ve not found a better beer. Although I’ve not yet been to the Czech Republic I did drink this fresh in Italy and Germany. And judging from the amount of spent bottles I saw laying in German trash cans I can honestly say that the Berliners at least love this stuff! Budvar used to be #1 on my list, but that was before I tasted Pilsner Urquell.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
gtreptow99 (15) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - DEC 16, 2001
This one is what all other Pilsner beers want to be. A truly perfect Pils. I have had a lot when I was in Prague a couple of years ago and not once had a hangover. I would love to try this one from the barrel as I only had the tall bottles.